Page 4 of 6

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:10 pm
by Josh
:+fav...wait.

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:14 pm
by Tami
/lmfao.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lmfao:' />

would be nifty if we could do that here....where's the buzzard.... /angel_not.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(not)' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:25 pm
by Tami
We went and had a look at our Firehall's Christmas Light Display tonight...

[attachment=2943:attachment]

[attachment=2944:attachment]

[attachment=2945:attachment]

[attachment=2946:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:37 pm
by Tami
[attachment=2947:attachment]

[attachment=2948:attachment]

[attachment=2949:attachment]

[attachment=2950:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:59 pm
by Josh
What is that second picture of?! It looks really neat /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />!

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:04 pm
by Tami
A cactus plant...oh, I forgot a pic...

This from part of an antique-styled Santa decoration.

[attachment=2951:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:08 pm
by Josh
ohhhhhhhhhh I see it now. Okay /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:00 pm
by Tami
Taken at Campbell Valley Regional Park, which is a natural habitat reserve.

[attachment=2955:attachment]

[attachment=2956:attachment]

[attachment=2957:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:46 pm
by Tami
This is an "oops" that I guess didn't turn out too awfully bad...nowhere near what I wanted, but that's okay I guess lol

[attachment=2966:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:33 am
by Tami
Two snow pictures from yesterday

[attachment=2969:attachment]

[attachment=2970:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:09 am
by Jim
the last one is kinda interesting, looks almost like a hand "holding" the snow o.0

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:55 pm
by Josh
I wish we could get snow... It's supposed to snow this weekend, but I'm not sure /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:23 pm
by Tami
Thanks Jim...that's why I took the photo

Josh...you can have our snow, all of it. Gladly.

Two more new shots:

[attachment=2972:attachment]

[attachment=2973:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:23 am
by Tami
City Shots:

[attachment=2985:attachment]

[attachment=2986:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:01 pm
by Tami
Shot today

[attachment=2993:attachment]

[attachment=2994:attachment]

[attachment=2995:attachment]

[attachment=2996:attachment]

[attachment=2997:attachment]

[attachment=2998:attachment]

[attachment=2999:attachment]

[attachment=3000:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:53 am
by Jim
ok... wtf is that first one a picture of :\

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:25 am
by Josh
looks like remains from a cat tail. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:59 am
by Tami
up here they're called bullrushes ;P

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:16 am
by Josh
lol they're called cat tails here... They're loads of fun! Pick one, and hit your friends with it at the right time of the season and they EXPLODE!! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> then you go inside and you have these little fuzzies flying everywhere and your parents yell at you cause then they get in the hosue /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:30 am
by Tami
weirdos

Here are some new shots:

[attachment=3002:attachment]

[attachment=3003:attachment]

[attachment=3004:attachment]

[attachment=3005:attachment]

[attachment=3006:attachment]

[attachment=3007:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:44 pm
by Vercz
once again youve done very well. love the one of mt baker /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> and the one below of it the house, thats amazing. "going for a walk" ...breathtaking /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' /> excellent job on this lot ada

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:21 pm
by Tami
Thank you verczeh /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The going for a walk one looks like the bird is having a hissy fit, because he's walking away from all of the other waterfowl who were swimming in the unfrozen part of the lake /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

The Mt. Baker Sunrise as of this posting is sitting at #3 in the "Popular" Sky photos on deviantART. It was at #4 this morning, so maybe it'll move up even more and knock my friend Alice's photo out of top spot bwahahaha.

That "house" is actually a manor-castle. Here's the info about it:

This "castle" is located just outside Fort Langley, BC. It was built by Fritz Ziegler, the son of immigrants who came to Vancouver from Germany in 1911. Together they established the Ziegler Chocolate Shops, which operated until 1956, closing when his mother passed away. Fritz Sr. had died in 1923.

Fritz Jr. was interned during World War II, but he was released after he agreed to reside outside of the Vancouver area. He built this four-bedroom manorial-style home of stone and brick, a swimming pool, a three-car garage, a large stone barn and an ornamental pond on a 16 acre parcel just south of Fort Langley.

Fritz was a very colourful community figure, and was married to the great-granddaughter of Canadian Prime Minister Mackenzie Bowell. He was an honourary consul of Monaco, and in 1974 he hosted a reception at his castle in honour of the 25th anniversary of Prince Ranier's ascension to the throne. Fritz was also a Grand Prior for the Americas of the Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem, and was involved in many charitable organizations in the area.

The castle was sold in 2006 for just over 2 million dollars.

One other sidenote, the Order of St. John was originally the Knights Hospitaller (from the Crusades), and they are the St. John's Ambulance people. The Order of St. John was eventually awarded many of the properties of the Knights Templar after King Philippe of France had the Templars arrested on October 13 1307 (origin of Friday the 13th being unlucky). However in many countries (mainly Scotland), the Knights Templar were safe as Robert the Bruce had been excommunicated by the Catholic Church, and the Order of St. John had quite a time getting their hands on Templar holdings - especially as many of the properties were hidden and protected by the descendants of Robert the Bruce's allies within Scotland. [/endoftoday'shistorylesson]

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:00 pm
by Tami
Slighty photo manipulated barn cat.

This is one of my favourite barn cats at my mom & dad's. He's rather timid, so I couldn't use a flash, and he was hiding under the camper.

[attachment=3042:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:34 pm
by Jim
interesting, a bit too close for me but meh, still a nice picture. like the eyes o.o

Digital Pix

Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:53 pm
by Tami
He was actually about 8 feet away from me (but yes, I understood what you meant)

Here's another one that just sort of happened. It's not what I was trying to do, but meh...

[attachment=3043:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:04 am
by Jim
so that's the car you drive to work everyday...right?

Digital Pix

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:49 am
by Tami
No, that's Jer's car. /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:29 am
by Tami
Sap-covered spider web

[attachment=3097:attachment]

Tree Sap up close

[attachment=3098:attachment]

Magnolia Flower

[attachment=3099:attachment]

Pre-blossoming Lily of the Valley

[attachment=3100:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:30 am
by Jim
!!! spider webs *hides* nice picture though, looks really interesting

Digital Pix

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:00 pm
by Josh
Gross! The sap ones just look... ew lol. I don't know why, they make me think of gross things lol

The two flower shots are real nice though.. How did you get the complete black background on the white one? Photoshop or some secret photography technique?

Digital Pix

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:10 pm
by Tami
Magnetic Lasso, Invert Selection, Colour black. Done.

To me, the sap looks like raw maple syrup or honey /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:53 pm
by Josh
Ewww that makes it even more gross.... I don't like either of those lol

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:43 am
by Tami
weirdo

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:15 am
by Wayne
I concur! That sap is awesome looking! Dren is just a weirdo /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:47 am
by Tami
This photo was a collaborative effort between me and a friend on deviantART, [url="http://lowapproach.deviantart.com/"]lowapproach[/url]. I took the shot using a Cokin P125F Tobacco Graduated Full filter. lowapproach removed the poles, sharpened the image up a bit, framed it and added the text. I've posted both original and finished images so that you can see what was done to it.

[attachment=3147:attachment]

[attachment=3148:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:25 pm
by Wayne
/shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' /> /shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' /> /shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' /> /shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' /> /shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' /> /shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' />

STOP BEING TALENTED! <_<

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:58 pm
by Tami
I'm sorry /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:17 pm
by Wayne
YOU BETTER BE. <_<

Digital Pix

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:15 pm
by Tami
How come you don't have an avatar?

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:33 am
by Wayne
good questions... thought I did /unsure.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

use your talent and give me one /whistle.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(whistle)' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:55 am
by Marko
That reminded me that mine wasn't working, all good now.

Btw nice pics, but I prefer yours because you can't see the traces of where your friend removed the posts. (Obviously /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />)

Digital Pix

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:24 pm
by Tami
photo and all post processing by me ^.^

[attachment=3149:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:09 am
by Tami
One More Tomorrow

[attachment=3151:attachment]

A Kiss Before Dying

[attachment=3152:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:24 am
by Marko
Tami, do you shrink your pictures or is that the size you get from the camera?

If you shrink them, I'd actually prefer to see them as large as they come.

Nice work on those images /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:50 am
by Wayne
[quote name='Marko' post='39300' date='Jun 2 2007, 02:24 AM']Tami, do you shrink your pictures or is that the size you get from the camera?

If you shrink them, I'd actually prefer to see them as large as they come.

Nice work on those images /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />[/quote]


I'd be willing to bet she shrinks them.... a 20 mb raw picture being uploaded to KN every couple days... yeah I doubt that /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />


Nice on the pictures too Tami!

I really like the sky in the second one!

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:41 am
by Marko
I would have wagered on the same.
In any case, I'd like to see those pictures bigger.

Digital Pix

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:55 am
by Tami
Yes, I do shrink them because many of them are 2816 wide - even wider if I shoot them in widescreen mode, and they would put too much of a load on the server, even if I save them "for web" /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:51 pm
by Tami
Destiny

[attachment=3153:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:15 pm
by Wayne
[attachment=3154:attachment]

Digital Pix

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:42 am
by Jim
...you suck /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> I wish I had the time to go out and be that good again. really like destiny, the white part on the bottom right looks kinda like a tree ;o