Page 1 of 1

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:14 am
by ner0
How did you come to join the community that is KillaNet?

Personally, I remember going into an msn chat room, back in the day.
Having created a few rooms myself (mainly with just myself in them /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' /> ) I joined one with more than one "owner" (gold hammer ^.^). When I asked how I could do it myself, as the msn chat interface wouldn't let me, I was told I'd need a script.

I was like, ehhh.. like an actor's script? /unsure.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

anyway, someone pointed me to TechGear007 ;o
where I met ada/scott and a bunch of the others, with my really weird name |0oTechNoo0| or something like that /shades.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />
Techgear007 became tcn007, tcn007 died, resulting in the birth of graphixground, gg became killagraphix, killagraphix became killanet.

etc. /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

your turn

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:09 am
by Tibs
I remember chatting in an msn chat room too, back in the day msn still existed.

And from then I met Mystical and ... ( you probably know who ).

From then on a forum was created called Graphixground and this evolved into Killanet ...

Something like that probably ...

Can't remember exactly cause it was hundreds of years ago ...

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:05 am
by Josh
^^ What you said, paul /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:38 pm
by ner0
woot, so I'm not the only one who thought 'WTF' when told I needed a script? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Oh I also forgot, I thiiiiink it was josh who caught me on msn after tcn disappeared, to tell me about gg
so thanks for that lol

though I can't be sure /unsure.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' />

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:59 pm
by Vercz
im on the same rollercoaster as the penguin and the emu /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

damn, cant remember what nicknames i used back then... well, there was oldskool.... and erm... oh; TheVercz and misterical or something like that lol

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:52 pm
by Scott
As above, though probably a bit further back. I can't get to most of the old stuff because archive.org doesn't like forums and all the tg/err0r.net proboards have been locked/lost.

However, here's some memorable moments /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

[url="http://web.archive.org/web/20030618114807/www.err0r.net/forums/index.php"]This[/url] is one of the earliest forum (IPB 1.1.2!) shots I could get. I don't actually think it's that early in the scope of things as (if my dates are correct) its only a few months before MSN went subscription. TG also didn't have a chat room for a period after that forum was started. However, you'll recognise a few familiar names (some of which woke me up a bit!).

After MSN went subscription in US (closed in Europe), TCN was born. There aren't many TCN examples out there sadly. [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20031227060919/forum.tcn007.net/"]This[/url] is a pretty nice one with a lot of familiar names on it, including dear old Alice!

GraphixGround has a number, including it's very old [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20040215210517/http://www.graphixground.com/"]version[/url].

The rest is pretty easy to find. I would imagine that anyone who had a rake through Tami's computer would find something pre-dating some of this (or at least filling in the gaps). [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20040401042407/http://onestopserver.com/"]Here's[/url] one I'm sure she'd like to forget /LSHIC.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:15 pm
by Marko
Well, I somehow found myself on the XT computing (or something like that) forum some time ago, Probably through Tech Gear. From there I think Exile offered me a place on KillaNet when the site was brand new and not even finished. According to the initial welcome message it was on the Apr 20 2004, 04:26 PM.

/ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> That was four years ago! Where does the time go?

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:50 pm
by Josh
oh did everyone want to know my MSN name? haha.. »»JØSH«« /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:09 pm
by Michael
Well my mom took me from the shoe making company and made me sign up here

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:19 pm
by Josh
hahahaha!

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:47 pm
by NightStorm
Long long ago, someone from TCN contacted me in regards to some problems that they were having that were being traced back to a room on my IRC Network.
After trading some logs back and forth, the problem was dealt with, and I remained in contact with said person. Sharing a mutual friend, I remained a person that said person would go to when they needed assistance with various situations. Eventually, they required some expansive server space with which to expand their site, and I helped to set them up. As a token of thanks, I was given a symbolic Administrator title on their sites, and I stuck around as a "presence"... rumour has it that some actually were afraid of me or something /more_annoyed.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ns)' /> , and I guess it helped to keep some in line ( /banned.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':banned:' /> ).
With time, further expansion was necessary, and this person decided it was time to buy out their hosting company, and I (and my IRC Network) came along with it (bet she's regretting THAT decision now /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />).
I guess I've sort of been here ever since.

Oh yeah, it all sort of led to where I am now, too... (longterm) engaged to an amazingly wonderful and dedicated woman /wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> , who has this strangely entertaining hobby of beating kids into submission with a broom.. I mean, mop /broomwack-shy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(broom)' /> . So I guess it's all good, so long as you all don't mind being on the receiving end of that beating. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:55 pm
by Tami
Moppy

is

a



BROOM!!!!!!

/stare.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(stare)' />

and I'll get to how I got here...later....

no really, I will....

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:08 pm
by Michael
she beats me i just laugh lol then i tell her to buy me Rockband =)

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:12 pm
by NightStorm
Once you beat her at Trogdor, we'll discuss buying you Rock Band.

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:30 pm
by Sylo-X-
I have no idea how i ended up here...to be honest im not quite sure why i stick around.. /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> lol but no really, I remember getting into scripting and at one point running into ruffy and exchanging msn messenger addresses. after a while some of my old scripting buddies got me going to XT and i met a few of you people there. Then someone pissed me off and i never went back, then ruffy in all his glory kept spamming me about killagraphix. after a while i finally joined then he spammed me more about the IRC channel. after a while of that i gave in and joined the room, and now here i am /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />!

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:13 pm
by travis
Well, it all started when I was a dumb little wannabe scripting kid on MSN and did my own thing with a personal vendetta against TechGear007. I kept my hate towards them but when MSN was gone I had nowhere else to go (because I didn't personally have a life at the time) so I went to TCN007. After a while I grew to like some of the people there which lead me to KillaGraphix and I don't really remember how. Oh, and my nickname was Zero /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> (and one might think I've grown up a lot since MSN/TCN007)

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:43 am
by ner0
[quote name='travis' post='42640' date='Jan 10 2008, 05:13 AM']Well, it all started when I was a dumb little wannabe scripting kid on MSN and did my own thing with a personal vendetta against TechGear007. I kept my hate towards them but when MSN was gone I had nowhere else to go (because I didn't personally have a life at the time) so I went to TCN007. After a while I grew to like some of the people there which lead me to KillaGraphix and I don't really remember how. Oh, and my nickname was Zero /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> (and one might think I've grown up a lot since MSN/TCN007)[/quote]

You have a life now?
*reported*

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:24 am
by Twister
Well it started off on MSN with the name of ?Neo? before subscription. I had made my own room where i had ownered a lot of people. Then i slipped up and ownered the wrong person and he must have did a null take. I was told he had some Viper Bot that i needed to install. I tried installing it but it never worked for me. I downloaded this off Techgear007 which lead me to TCN. So then i was went to TCN where i met lukeules, travis (Zero), RuffRyders & i believe Serf or something like that. There was a room on TCN that was very popular room called #Team-Omni. This was a really nice room on TCN server. Then TCN went down so luke referred me to PSO to go there. So then from there i met some of the same people from TCN so i registered on the forum and started chatting/idling here /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

MSN Names: ?Neo?, Neo-X, ControlledSubstance, -Tw|st3r
IRC Names: Neo, Mac-X, Tw|st3r

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:36 am
by ner0
woo team-omni
I actually enjoyed t-o while it was just the tcn room...
when we moved to irc.team-omni.co.uk it sucked
Admin_ner0, looks erm, stupid to say the least /ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

[quote name='Tami' post='42607' date='Jan 8 2008, 06:55 AM']MoppyisaBROOM!!!!!! /stare.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(stare)' />
and I'll get to how I got here...later....no really, I will....[/quote]/whistle.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(whistle)' /> (A)

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 am
by deejay_hr
Well, I'm a newbie, and I'm probably the only one that got here through the 12 Stones bulletin board. That's where I met NightStorm. Eventually I signed up for Bob's MSN site or whatever it is, and joined his chat. About that time somewhere, I found out about this magical place called IRC. I started using mIRC, and I was in #bobsplace all the time, on the killanet IRC server. So one day, services died, and out of curiosity, i join #killgraphix. The nice people there told me I'd fit in. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> A couple of weeks later, I joined the forums, and voila, now I'm a Killanet fan. My story owns. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:19 pm
by Twister
yeh team-omni was da best... i think it had more people in that room at one time than the tcn server default room... then i think i was a guide on the TO server

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm
by Wayne
I'm in the boat with Josh, Paul, and Vulture, and a few others.
I can rememeber back to the days of MSN ...mmmm ... what such good days those were **CHOKE** ... I loved MSN **GAG** .... and more importantly I loved the man who kept the rules in such nice neat format **AHHHHHHHH**

mk for real now... lol ...
yeah back in the days of MSN I can remember err0r, Cham, and Ozzy as the three "golds" if you will. and then of course there was Adaera and Nickman as the brown hosts. There was another, but I can't remember at this time. I remember coming in and just learning about scripting and wtf it was all about ... cause I really didn't know a darn thing about it ... yeah wtf a script? what is that? lol
Anyway, as time went on and I began to know more about the room owners and hosts, I applied to a host in that room.... I was a ripe age of about 14 or 15 and power hungry lol. Turns out I got the "job" and about 3 months later or so MSN closed it's freebee doors. Thus born TCN. I can remember being on the channel before it was made public .... and the fights about how it was to be set up -not going there though.

As time passed and TCN seemed to be doing well as far as I knew, one day it was just no longer and thus our gracious owner of Killanet came forth and created gg and such. At this point in time it gets fussy for me. I became addicted to some of this and had to leave at times to seperate myself and make sure I was still living life if you will. At any rate.... I never go away - I'm like that rea;lly annoying kid that bugs you just by them being in the same room as you ... you know that kid that never goes away? yeah that's me!

So years later here I am. In my third year of college 20 years old and still around /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



Tami I'm still waiting for your version because that's got to be the most interesting one /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

How did you find KillaNet?

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:46 am
by Sylo-X-
I miss MSN /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />