PNG Panic
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:09 am
PNG Panic
All this week I've been brewing up a big rant for you about Internet Explorer's PNG support sliding further downhill in Windows XP Service Pack 2. Turns out things weren't nearly as bad as I feared. Now I'm just confused...
Way back in the Tech Times #44, I explained a somewhat clunky workaround that let you display a partially transparent PNG image in both Internet Explorer and other browsers. I ended that particular tip with these naively hopeful words:
Let's just hope that Microsoft wise up and support PNG transparency with the standard [img]logo.png[/img]SitePoint newsletter
All this week I've been brewing up a big rant for you about Internet Explorer's PNG support sliding further downhill in Windows XP Service Pack 2. Turns out things weren't nearly as bad as I feared. Now I'm just confused...
Way back in the Tech Times #44, I explained a somewhat clunky workaround that let you display a partially transparent PNG image in both Internet Explorer and other browsers. I ended that particular tip with these naively hopeful words:
Let's just hope that Microsoft wise up and support PNG transparency with the standard [img]logo.png[/img]SitePoint newsletter