Page 1 of 6
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:28 am
by Tami
Post Your Digital Pix Here. Please let us know which software application( s ) you used in making your piece and any special steps
No images larger than 500 x 500 pixels.
Please post a link to larger works.
Absolutely no flaming. If you have something to say about a piece please make sure it is respectful & constructive.
Please ensure that the work you are sharing falls within our guidelines regarding a family rated site-
1. no nudity
2. no near nudity
3. nothing suggestive
4. nothing implying the use/abuse of drugs
5. nothing disrespectful of others
Thank You.
Digital Pix
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:53 pm
by Tami
There's a fire in my fireplace
[attachment=1581:attachment]
Digital Pix
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:56 pm
by Vercz
[quote name='Adaera']Absolutely no flaming.[/quote]
...*cough* /angel_not.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(not)' />
its all puurdyful /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> looks warm..not that i need it here (its about 35 /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />)
Digital Pix
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:02 pm
by Jim
0.o fire is cool to take pics of, but hard to get right. nice job adaera /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:58 am
by Endo
Thats very cool, im guessing you didnt use a flash so that it looks perfect? Very hot (haha)
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:00 am
by Tami
Oh so you *were* paying attention in our conversation ... yes, I took that without a flash, and it turned out better than I had hoped it would.
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:03 am
by Endo
Ahem! I posted this before you even said you did! Ill post some once i have ps to resize them, 1600x1200 is really annoying to upload for me /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:06 am
by Tami
kewl...redrum sent me a couple of awesome sunset pictures, I'll post them in the kdc gallery later today.
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:45 am
by RuffRyders
If only I had a digital camera /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />.
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:21 am
by Jim
yea, wish i had a digital one too...for now i'm scanning all 350+ of my pics /stare.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(stare)' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:06 am
by Endo
Heres some of the 2nd largest lake in new zealand, found in queenstown.
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu1.jpg"]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu1.jpg[/url]
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu2.jpg"]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu2.jpg[/url]
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu3.jpg"]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu3.jpg[/url]
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu4.jpg"]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu4.jpg[/url]
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu5.jpg"]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/lakewakitipu5.jpg[/url]
Taken with a KodakEasyshare CX7300, 3.2mp
Digital Pix
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:14 am
by Tami
Kewl, saved them all to your portfolio folder.
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:36 am
by Tami
3 New fire piccies. Times like this I wish I had a better zoom on my camera
[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/uploads/pyramidfire.png[/img]
[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/uploads/glassfire.png[/img]
[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/uploads/bloodyhotfire.png[/img]
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:25 am
by Vercz
you canadians really dont have anything better to do, do you?? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
some great photos there /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> ..ada, is the lens melting in your second pic there?? or is that some manip done in ps? /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:10 am
by Tami
The first picture was taken through triangle shaped, faceted glass which is one of the supports for an oil burner. The second picture was taken through a heavy-weighted glass candleholder. Other than the added signature & resizing, the photos are untouched.
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:41 am
by Shydragonchic
Those are great /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:41 pm
by Tami
thank you /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
and now for total contrast,
Here's some snow piccies:
[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/uploads/icebranch.png[/img]
[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/uploads/Icefir.png[/img]
[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/uploads/redice.png[/img]
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:46 pm
by ner0
woo, those are really good, i especially like the first /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:49 pm
by mobil1_oils
I like that last one, the red one /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />.
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:08 pm
by Josh
Better than what I got Adaera /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Those look nice..
I have some but their on the other computer over there ---------------------->
/blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:42 pm
by Endo
Wow, the last one looks amazing, looks fake /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:06 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
Yes I agree that last one, (the red one) is awsome! .... I want it!... and I want the fire one with the glass thingy-ma-bob infront of it. I need them in 1024 x 768 though /ggsad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(sad)' /> .... I must warn you however, if I don't get them soon I will be forced to go on another witch hunt ...hehehe
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:15 pm
by Tami
pffft you mean a "come out west, then tell the witch I was there after I return home cuz my family kept me too busy" kinda witch hunt? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
I have the pix still in original format Jake, so I can size them properly for you. Wait'll you see the fire pictures Michael and I did while the power was out. /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:22 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
[quote]pffft you mean a "come out west, then tell the witch I was there after I return home cuz my family kept me too busy" kinda witch hunt?[/quote]
LOL .... Don't be silly, for those pictures I would have gone to the great effort of looking you up and then NOT calling you kind of witch hunt!
Bet yer scared now....hehehe
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:29 pm
by Tami
no but you should be /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
I just looked at the new picture files...omg wait'll I get some posted; I just have to resize them for the dial up users...give me 10 mins.
Digital Pix
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:30 pm
by Tami
<r>Tonight's sunset, looking west (obviously) over Glen Valley, the Fraser River and towards Vancouver.
sunseta.jpg
[attachment=786:attachment]
sunset2.jpg
[attachment=788:attachment]
And this is one of the pix I took last night at Mill Lake in Abbotsford. That is Mt. Baker in the background, about a 1 hour drive from where we live, but on the US side of the border.
[attachment=789:attachment]</r>
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:42 pm
by Tami
Some lilacs on a table at my Mom's house.
[attachment=807:attachment]
Digital Pix
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:41 am
by Jim
Those are some great pics ada, guess I need to get outside more
Digital Pix
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:40 pm
by Tami
Thanks /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Using the camera as an excuse to get out of the house works really well; there are so many places to go & see around here that I could be busy for the next year adding to our stock photos stash and the other project I told you about.
Digital Pix
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:07 pm
by radar
what is this outside you speak of?
Digital Pix
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:12 pm
by Tami
Go to the front door of your house, open it. OMG look....there's a whole world out there just waiting to be photographed /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:15 am
by Jim
People pics are good too...don't make good stock pics sometimes /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:55 pm
by Tami
My brother was working on a part for his truck out in the shop....and I just had to take a picture to see how it turned out.
[attachment=841:attachment]
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:52 pm
by us3rX
[quote name='Adaera' date='Apr 25 2005, 07:12 PM']Go to the front door of your house, open it. OMG look....there's a whole world out there just waiting to be photographed
[right][post="23293"][/post][/right][/quote]
Provide the camera and a good battery ^.^
[quote name='Adaera' date='Apr 26 2005, 06:55 PM']My brother was working on a part for his truck out in the shop....and I just had to take a picture to see how it turned out.
[attachment=841:attachment]
[right][post="23351"][/post][/right][/quote]
Nice picture next time get right in the sparks and then take the picture
us3rX
Digital Pix
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:07 pm
by Tami
the workbench was in the way <_<
Digital Pix
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:57 pm
by Michael
just at the beach at around night
Digital Pix
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:01 pm
by Michael
just around the forest and having some coke
Digital Pix
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:32 pm
by Josh
The first one in the second row looks awesome!
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:25 pm
by Tami
a brewing storm, bubbles brewing, and a bloom not brewing at all
full size: 800x600
[attachment=928:attachment]
353k
[attachment=929:attachment]
320k
These two pictures were taken tonight down at the Canada/USA border. The first picture is on the US side, the second one is on the Canadian side.
[attachment=930:attachment]
284k
[attachment=931:attachment]
285k
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:45 pm
by us3rX
[attachment=933:attachment]
[attachment=934:attachment]
[attachment=935:attachment]
Taken all in the same day, looks kind of weird, dont blame the photographer, blame the camera
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:47 pm
by Tami
Those turned out good, jer...why'd you say they look weird? /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:49 pm
by us3rX
they look "dirty" kind of >.>
us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:52 am
by Tami
They have a bit of noise in them but you can usually clean alot of that up in PhotoShop. If you can change the A setting in your camera that sometimes helps as well, or if your camera has a Noise Reduction setting, try enabling it.
Digital Pix
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:08 pm
by Tami
messing around with camera settings
600x800
263k
[attachment=952:attachment]
Digital Pix
Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:35 pm
by Tami
Mt. Baker in Washington State, looking across Sumas Prairie, Abbotsford BC.
800x600
343k
[attachment=953:attachment]
Digital Pix
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:19 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
It appears that BC pictures are quite popular in this thread.... on that note .... here's one that I took while driving to Salmon Arm last summer - or wait maybe it was the summer before... stupid memory. At any rate, whatever summer it was, it was the closest I'd ever come to a forest fire.
[url="http://members.shaw.ca/flyingdoggyjake/forestfire.jpg"]Forest Fire[/url]
Digital Pix
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:14 pm
by Tami
Trust me...that's about as close as you *want* to get to a forest fire. That's an incredible picture Jake, thanks for sharing it /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
Digital Pix
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:24 pm
by Tami
One of our trucks with the humvee from BattleStar Galactica 2004 Season 2 television show.
[attachment=962:attachment]
Digital Pix
Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:44 pm
by Tami
A few nifty shots
800x600
Hot Tub jets
[attachment=973:attachment]
244k
Rose
[attachment=974:attachment]
311k
Gas Stove
[attachment=975:attachment]
371k
Digital Pix
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:42 am
by Shydragonchic
Shy was playing with fire again....decided my camera doesn't like me... but here's one that kinda turned out ok.
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/mmmmarshmallowtime.jpg"]mmmmarshmallowtime[/url]