Page 1 of 2

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:40 am
by Vercz
ive got a wee thing for school, and i need to find out what people think the "deepest" song ever is, deep as in emotionally deep, the lyrics and junk

just like to hear what people believe this to be...

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:55 pm
by mobil1_oils
Love me tender, or Stairway to heaven.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:25 pm
by X-Fusion
Knockin on heavens door, Remember when thats about it.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:29 pm
by Vercz
pod - youth of the nation...anyone know what that one is about?

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:28 pm
by Devenox
Right,

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven is not the deepest song ever, it's the greatest!
In my view, Nirvana - 'You Know You're Right' or 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' is the deepest song.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:26 pm
by mobil1_oils
I know its probably not the deepest but it definately is the greatest and for that matter i thought it deserved a mention.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:40 am
by Rainbow
[quote name='Devenox' date='Apr 13 2004, 11:28 PM']In my view, Nirvana - 'You Know You're Right' or 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' is the deepest song.[/quote]
In my point of view I don't think Smells like teen spirit is... Its not really about anything lol... I would say though it is one of the best songs ever!

I agree with you know your right... That song almost makes me cry everytime I listen to lol

I think Rape Me is a pretty deep song by Nirvana I like the idea behind it

I'm not obsessed with Nirvana... /whistle.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(whistle)' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:23 am
by Tami
Being the emotionally based creative type person that I am, it really depends on what mood I'm in at any given moment. Different songs at different times have different effects. Definitely one of the emotionally deepest songs would have to be Love, Me by Colin Raye.

Then again, almost anything by Josh Groban is moving as well.

The way I feel at any given moment is going to reflect in the music I play, so in a way most music is emotionally touching. How's that for an answer?
/blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:39 am
by mobil1_oils
your too intouch with your feelings /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' /> lol.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:54 pm
by Vercz
i havent spoken to my feelings for a while now... /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:46 am
by Rainbow
My feelings wont leave me alone /dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:48 am
by Vercz
just ignore them...a big hinderance they are...

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:14 am
by mobil1_oils
Mine refuse to talk to me, lol.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:49 pm
by Vercz
i refuse to talk to mine /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:13 am
by mobil1_oils
Mine is downright rude and ignorant /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />. Much like my Conscience (spelling check ada /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />)

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:35 am
by Vercz
looks to be right mobes

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:06 am
by mobil1_oils
Maybe /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:32 am
by Vercz
maybe...maybe this! /brows.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(brows)' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:51 am
by mobil1_oils
/brows.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(brows)' /> [/b][/i][/color][/font]

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:43 am
by Vercz
/blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:58 am
by to@ds
I dissagree with Smells Like Teen Spirit being emotional, anthemic maybe, but not emotional. Plus Kurt would hate you for saying it, seen as the guy hated Teen Spirit. As far as the deepest Nirvana song, well thats just easy. All Apologies from In Utero. Some people say it was a premature death note.

But as for the deepest song ever, well thats hard. There are to many. Id have to agree with Ada and say it all depends on your mood, but if I had to say any, it would be "My Sweet Prince" by Placebo where Brian discuss his Herion addiction, what it was like, how he felt, what it did to him. Its hard hitting with out being in your face.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:41 am
by NightStorm
Clapton - Tears In Heaven
'nuff said.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:01 am
by Baralai
This is not a truly Deeply song But it is Very Calming
Jewel - Stand

Very Nice Song!!

Baralai

p.s Nice Song NS its a goodie

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:19 pm
by Tami
I have to agree with you on that one NightStorm, especially considering the motivation behind that song.

One other song that does me in every time is Avenue A by Tom Cochrane. The combination of some of the lyrics with the music composition has a profound effect on me.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:50 pm
by RuffRyders
Clapton - Tears In Heaven

**Wonders if he's ever heard it?**

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:06 pm
by NightStorm
It's a song that Eric Clapton wrote for his 4 year old son. He (the son) was living with his mother, and fell from the window of an Apartment building. He didnt survive.
It's basically about wondering if the son would remember his dad when they met in Heaven one day...
It really is a very moving song.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:03 am
by Trinity
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss maybe....

Personally, I vow to thee my country or something like that stirs up the greatest emotions in my, patriotism and the like. Then again, I am not a very emotional person /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> I ignore them and they ignore me /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:33 am
by Rainbow
Wow... Another Placebo fan... God I hardly ever meet Placebo fans... (Unless of course they only like/have sleeping with ghosts /Debate.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(debate)' /> )

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:24 pm
by mobil1_oils
Tears in Heaven would have to be the winner i reckon.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:13 am
by Jimmy
Definately Michael Jackson - You Rock My World

.... /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:10 pm
by RuffRyders
Michael Who?

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:19 pm
by Vercz
you know...plastic "man"

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:40 am
by RuffRyders
Isn't the plastic man called Ken?

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:08 pm
by Skidz`Crew
josh Turner: Long Black train.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:56 am
by to@ds
I managed to find the lyrics to the song in my ealier post, here they are. Although the song is mainly about herion addiction, I think its lyrics could maybe applied to other things. Maybe the loss of a loved one, or a break up with a lover etc.

My Sweet Prince

Never thought you'd make me perspire
Never thought I'd do you the same
Never thought I'd fill with desire
Never thought I'd feel so ashamed

Me and the dragon
Can chase all the pain away
So before I end my day
Remember

My sweet prince you are the one(x2)

Never thought I'd have to retire
Never thought I'd have to abstain
Never thought all this could back fire
Close up the hole in my vain

Me and my valuable friend
Can fix all the pain away
So before I end my day
Remember

My sweet prince you are the one(x2)
You are the one(x4)

Never thought I'd get any higher
Never thought you'd f**k with my brain
Never thought all this could expire
Never thought you'd go break the chain

Me and you baby
Still flush all the pain away
So before I end my day
Remember

My sweet prince you are the one(x2)
You are the one(x8)

My sweet prince(x2)

I personaly dont think just looking at the lyrics gets across the tone of the song. You need to music with it to get the full impact of a song that is so obvioulsy written by someone who knows what its like to be a herion addict, and then break a way from such a horrible, life destroying drug. Something that most, if not all of us will ever have to deal with.

"Drugs are bad, m'okay!"

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:09 pm
by RuffRyders
William Hung - She bangs

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:56 pm
by mobil1_oils
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:24 pm
by Trinity
lmfao /pointlaf2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(laf)' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:42 pm
by Vercz
just recently come across this one, and it is a very good song... The Streets - Dry Your Eyes

..lmao, i listen to it all the time /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:55 am
by mobil1_oils
Agreed, very nice song Vercz.

*Dry your eyes mate, i know you want to make her see how much this pain hurts, but youve gotta walk away now, its ooover*

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:16 am
by RuffRyders
Never heard of the damn song.

*Goes looking for it*

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:36 am
by Tibs
Guns 'n Roses - November rain my altime favourite /whistle.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(whistle)' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:49 pm
by RuffRyders
Is it the deepest song, or just your favourite?

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:48 am
by Tibs
Well I thinks it's the deepest i know /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> /yeahright.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(yeah)' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:41 am
by RuffRyders
Novemberrr rain.. trying to remember which one it is.. I've heard a fair few songs by Guns N' Roses.

Btw.. I saw The Streets - Dry Your Eyes on Channel V /dance1.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(dance)' />.

I agree with vercz in saying the song does have a fair amount of meaning /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />.

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:49 am
by Vercz
DAMN im good /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

lol..whee ;x

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:53 am
by mobil1_oils
I find this song rather deep (resurrection thread).

Its deep for me on a very personal level.

Phil Collins

"You'll Be In My Heart"
[quote name='Lyrics']Come stop your crying
It will be all right
Just take my hand Hold it tight

I will protect you
from all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

For one so small,
you seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, always

Why can't they understand
the way we feel
They just don't trust
what they can't explain
I know we're different but,
deep inside us
We're not that different at all

And you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

Don't listen to them
'Cause what do they know
We need each other,
to have, to hold
They'll see in time
I know

When destiny calls you
You must be strong
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on
They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on,
Now and forever more

Oh, you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be in my heart, always
Always[/quote]

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:09 pm
by us3rX
dont know about being "Deep" but two of my many favorites are:
"Metallica - The Unforgiven"
"Eminem - The Way I Am"

us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:42 pm
by Vercz
unforgiven is deep, and a great song /shades.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Deepest Song Ever

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:52 pm
by OzzyWizard
Yeah unforgiven is an exelent song and so is November rain and so many more mentioned here. Now in my opinion one of the deepest songs has gotta be Freebird by Lyrened Skinard.