Page 1 of 1

Php Download Counter

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:00 pm
by Marko
hey i was wondering if anyone knows a simple php code to display the number of times a file has been downloaded.
I have searched on google but i keep getting info on site stats, so can anyone help?

Thanks

Php Download Counter

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:42 am
by Scott
I'd be tempted to write one myself - are you using a database you store the download files? I'd also suggest checking the php section on [url="http://www.hotscripts.com"]HotScripts[/url] if you wanted to download one.

Php Download Counter

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:52 am
by Vercz
i was playing with the idea of writing one for you..but it seemed a little complicated in my head..and i couldnt get it onto dreamweaver for some reason..just wasnt working for me /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Hotscripts is a good place to start /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Php Download Counter

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:22 pm
by Marko
yeh i'll try hotscripts, basiclt what i'm looking for is something that counts how many times a link has been clicked.
and vercz you dont need to write one for me, unless you plan on writing one for yourself, otherwise its not worth it.

nope no databse, i just have my downloads locaated in folders and such. I'm no good with php, actully i dont know any so yeh.

Php Download Counter

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:09 pm
by Sp3culuM
I'll write one as a tutorial for my site once I get the backend finished. Have been working on it all day, gonna work on it tomorrow too. May not have the tutorial done for a week or so though, if you can wait that long. Are you looking to use flat file (.txt) or a db (mysql)?

Php Download Counter

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:19 am
by Marko
i can wait, i'm prob looking to use flatfile coz like i said i'm a newbie at this stuff so i dont know how to use mysql