Page 1 of 1

Ide 80

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:32 am
by radar
I have a problem with a computer at the moment. It has an error message that contains the words IDE and 80 but I looked it up on google and I'm pretty sure it's not what google says it is.

After looking at the error I find out this computer's keyboard and mouse is not working. What could be the problem with the keyboard and the mouse? There are no lights on either and if I press any of the keys on the keyboard it doesn't work.

The power supply seems fine, as the computer boots and gets into windows, but I can't seem to find the source of the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ide 80

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:19 am
by ner0
are both your keyboard and mouse supported by windowsXP?
maybe your keyboard and mouse need a seperate power supply?
if you have any other operating systems installed, maybe test the compatibility with that, that will at least let you know if its a compatibility problem with winXP

Ide 80

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:13 am
by Vercz
are they plugged in correctly??

ok...next step..right click on My Computer, Properties> Hardware tab, Device Manager>Mice and Other Pointing Devices...and the Keyboards one..expand those categories, check to see that the little icons next to the labels dont have a yellow ! or a red..something next to them..if so, right click>properties, follow the steps...


and err... IDE 80 should be a hard drive error ...or at least a floppy or cd-rom... seeing as they are run from IDE leads... o.0