Page 1 of 1

MySQL Error

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:14 pm
by Josh
mmkay. I installed EasyPHP which did all the hard stuff for me when installing php, sql, and apache. So I got it all running I was even testing stuff with mysql for my staff site and now that I shut the server down and started it back up again tonight I get this nice wonderful error:

[quote][ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist[/quote]

I've searched all over google and I can't seem to find any fix for this... What is it talking about, 'mysql.host'? :\

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Josh /sp_ike.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(spike)' />

MySQL Error

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:16 am
by radar
[url="http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#641"]XAMPP[/url]

^ If you use XAMPP it'll set up Apache, PHP and mySQL with phpMyAdmin.

At a guess, I'd say that you need to create a table called mysql.hosts in the mySQL system and then it'll probably want some values. You can either try setting it up again or you can try XAMPP.

MySQL Error

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:49 am
by Josh
ok, I'll try XAMPP when I get home from school today. Ty radar /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />