Page 1 of 1

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:35 am
by Adrasteia
Thanks for all the votes:)

This weeks theme is "Abstract".... i figured this gives everyone a lot of room to work with, so have fun with bryce and the blur tools lol.

Nem

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:31 pm
by radar
*will dust off 3dsmax when he gets home and make that torus knot or teapot*

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:06 pm
by us3rX
[url="http://us3rX.killagraphix.com/wpcomp/abstract.png"]Clickage /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />[/url]

56ker's steer clear, its 1.6mb o.0 *points to nem* its all hear fault /angel_not.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(not)' />

us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:11 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
Nice one j3r ..... kinda looks like a tuba and a french horn collided with a tornado .... very cool /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:22 pm
by us3rX
[quote name='FlyingDoggyJake' date='Apr 12 2005, 12:11 AM']Nice one j3r ..... kinda looks like a tuba and a french horn collided with a tornado .... very cool /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />
[right][post="22792"][/post][/right][/quote]

i would post the original one but its 2.26mb, the one b4 i photoshoped it, but meh, thanks jake /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

wheres yer entry? /Debate.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(debate)' /> /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:10 am
by radar
wow. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> *works in photoshop* 3dsmax disappeared.

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:31 am
by radar
[url="http://www.frozenplague.net/img/banner12.png"]Clickage[/url]

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:36 am
by FlyingDoggyJake
[quote name='j3r']wheres yer entry?[/quote]

well it's still kickin around the attic (ie. my brain)... this whole "abstract" thing has far too many possibilities. It's gonna take some narrowing down before I can get focused enough to put something together that doesn't end up looking like scribble /crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(crazy)' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:16 am
by Trinity
Jer's looks kinda like an explosion at a french horn factory /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:43 am
by Adrasteia
lol, musical instruments aside i like it jer lol.
what material did you put on the torus? (i'm assuming thats what it is) are there points of light in it somewhere?
Nem

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:20 am
by Pau
yey i knew there had to be an abstract theme, old work, new day

[url="http://img155.echo.cx/img155/8684/abstractpaint0by.png"]http://img155.echo.cx/img155/8684/abstractpaint0by.png[/url]

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:25 am
by Adrasteia
nice work pau! /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Nem

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:02 pm
by us3rX
[quote name='FlyingDoggyJake' date='Apr 12 2005, 02:36 AM'][quote name='j3r']wheres yer entry?[/quote]

well it's still kickin around the attic (ie. my brain)... this whole "abstract" thing has far too many possibilities. It's gonna take some narrowing down before I can get focused enough to put something together that doesn't end up looking like scribble /crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(crazy)' />
[right][post="22798"][/post][/right]
[/quote]
lol

[quote name='Trinity' date='Apr 12 2005, 03:16 AM']Jer's looks kinda like an explosion at a french horn factory /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
[right][post="22801"][/post][/right][/quote]

0.o thanks i think? :S lol

[quote name='Adrasteia' date='Apr 12 2005, 08:43 AM']lol, musical instruments aside i like it jer lol.
what material did you put on the torus? (i'm assuming thats what it is) are there points of light in it somewhere?
Nem
[right][post="22808"][/post][/right][/quote]

its a secret ;\ if i told you i would have to kill jo0 /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> its simple /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

[quote name='Pau' date='Apr 12 2005, 12:20 PM']yey i knew there had to be an abstract theme, old work, new day

[url="http://img155.echo.cx/img155/8684/abstractpaint0by.png"]http://img155.echo.cx/img155/8684/abstractpaint0by.png[/url]
[right][post="22814"][/post][/right][/quote]

nice work /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' /> /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:20 pm
by Josh
Nice one pau.... that's one of my favs of your work /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> /wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:27 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
[url="http://members.shaw.ca/jonhorst/Peace.jpg"]Here's mine[/url]. I think I'll call it "Can you see peace?" ..... the reason being, there's a peace symbol in there if you can see it.

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:16 pm
by Tami
/blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

*whacks jake for frying my mind*

[img]http://www.killanet.net/special/feetsies.gif[/img]

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:11 pm
by Josh
I SEE IT I SEE IT! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> That's well hidden jake lol

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:41 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
[quote name='Ada']*whacks jake for frying my mind*[/quote]
lol....*recovers from yet another mild brain injury
wooo....look at the birdies /crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(crazy)' />
[quote name='Josh']I SEE IT I SEE IT![/quote]
Glad to know that someone can actually see it.... my kids, gf, and a certain witch apperently aren't quite as gifted /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:20 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
In a feeble attempt to escape future broom whackings, I thought I'd take the liberty of throwing together this little [url="http://members.shaw.ca/jonhorst/PeaceHint.gif"]puzzle hint[/url] (ie. I made the peace symbol ever so slightly more noticeable) .... concentrate Ada, you can find it... I know you can! ....hehehe /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 pm
by Tami
Just because I didn't *say* I saw it, doesn't mean I didn't /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:28 pm
by Vercz
ive been looking at that damn peace.jpg picture for like..about an hour now (on and off..not straight) and i still dont see anything /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> ..well, anything that doesnt resemble vomit..

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:31 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
ohhhh ic.... sure ya did.... jk (please don't whack me) .... actually had I not made the thing I'm sure I'd be the only one who would NEVER find it /crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(crazy)' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:34 pm
by FlyingDoggyJake
lol Vercz .... come to think of it... it does resemble vomit much more than a peace symbol

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:01 pm
by Vercz
theres a peace symbol in there? /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

*goes looking again*

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:35 am
by Shydragonchic
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/abstractwp1.jpg"]one[/url]

[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/abstractwp2.jpg"]two[/url]

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:44 am
by Shydragonchic
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/peace1.gif"]the 'other' peace sign[/url]

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:28 am
by Adrasteia
lol nice one shy
Nem

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:35 am
by Josh
Yeah.. that's the one I saw that shy saw :\ lol Good entries all /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:08 pm
by us3rX
[url="http://us3rx.killagraphix.com/wpcomp/abstract2.png"]Clickage2[/url] 439.03 KB

I am rendering the "clear" version of this...

Enjoy,
us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:18 pm
by Adrasteia
thats great:) how long did it take in the end? lol
Nem

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:33 pm
by Sp3culuM
[quote name='Josh`' date='Apr 13 2005, 06:35 PM']Yeah.. that's the one I saw that shy saw :\ lolĀ  Good entries all /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
[right][post="22863"][/post][/right][/quote]

That's the one I saw too.

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:41 pm
by Tami
Am I the only one who saw the big peace sign? /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:26 am
by FlyingDoggyJake
And here I was bugging the only person who actually saw the intended peace sign.... looks like I owe somebody an apology.... sorrrrrrry Ada /blush.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(blush)' />
*spanks himself /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:55 am
by Tami
and don't you forget it



oh yeah....here's an entry

[attachment=754:attachment]

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:02 am
by Adrasteia
ooooh nice ada.....i saw the peace sign too, had to point it out to rift though lol
Nem

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:12 pm
by us3rX
I saw the big peace sign /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

@nem little over 7 hours /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> i think the burry part killed it)
@Ada's entry, ewwwwwwwwwwwwww green ;\ lol Good job /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

[url="http://us3rX.killagraphix.com/wpcomp/abstract3.jpg"]Clickage[/url] 227.08 KB
if anyone wants the bmp or png let me know, they are both 1mb+ /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Enjoy,
us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:13 am
by Vercz
ooooh...sekseh spikeh!! /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> wtg /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:58 am
by False_Pretense
Ada very nice. I like the effect.
us3rX that is way cool. top noch
Shy well done /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

All are very good entries /yahoo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(yahoo)' />

Wallpaper Competition 12

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:30 am
by Josh
[url="http://www.killanet.net/uploads/WPConp_Abstrct.gif"]Not the best, but I kinda like the outer edges /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />[/url]