Page 1 of 1
Planet
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:12 pm
by racer
So I was thinking of ideas for my banner for this weeks contest. I finally came up with an idea...but it involved stars. So I found a stars tut, followed it, and made some stars. At the bottom of the stars tut, the author also had a planet tut. It caught my attention. So I followed the tut and made a planet. It is so cool, and I am so proud, I wanted to share it with all of you.
-Racer
[img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/Planet.jpg[/img]
Planet
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:18 pm
by us3rX
nice job, why dont you combind the two tutorials and make a gool wallpaper?
us3rX /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />
Planet
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:26 pm
by Adrasteia
wow thats really nice racer.....can you post a link to the tut please?
i' d like to have a go at it myself
nem
Planet
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:30 pm
by racer
[url="http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tuts_arts/making_a_planet.html"]Planet tut[/url]
[url="http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tuts_arts/making_a_star_field.html"]Star Tut[/url]
Planet
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:59 pm
by racer
A newer, cooler blue planet /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
[img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/Blueplanet.jpg[/img]
Planet
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:02 pm
by Kretz
Looks realy cool, I might give it a shot later on
Planet
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:13 pm
by radar
Less bumpiness on the hills or whatever it is on the planet. I think you used bevel and emboss so tone that down a bit.
All in all, well done /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Planet
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:02 am
by racer
Here is an "Earth like" planet.... Doesn't look right but oh well
[img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/earthlike.jpg[/img]
Planet
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:31 pm
by Josh
It's too blue... plus you need to put some clouds onto it /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Planet
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:33 pm
by ner0
great job(s).. *bookmarks the tut link for later* /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
Planet
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:12 pm
by RuffRyders
It's a cool tutorial and you got a good result, nice work /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />.
Planet
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:46 am
by Tibs
Very nice /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' /> great job there racer
Planet
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:00 am
by Kretz
Great, just needs a little clouds n /censored.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cens)' /> on it, maybe a few stars in the background?