Page 1 of 1

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:07 am
by Tibs
Hey guys/girls,

I started a new project a while ago to model and render a nice looking concept interior. I will post some updates here and explain the lighting in the tutorial section. /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />


I am currently trying to get a nice feel to the whole picture /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:55 am
by Marko
very nice tibs, your skills have come far /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:06 am
by Tami
How did you make the painting which is hanging on the wall? Was that done in C4D as well?

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:43 am
by Tibs
The painting is a simple cube object with a selection and a pic I got from the net /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:53 pm
by Josh
Small Friendly Critique coming;

@Outside; It needs a little work...I think you're using a sky object from C4D.. Maybe find a picture of the outdoors off of google or create a scene to put there instead of just the normal sky object. The room kind of looks like it is floating in the middle of no where /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

@Stairs; Under the stairs is a little bit dark..Maybe brighten it up a bit with an omni or something with a small brightness amount.

No way am I saying these are good critiques, but it's just what I see in the render (last one) anyway. I can't wait to see this interior finished...Ever heard of Maxwell render? I'm sure you have; Consider getting a trial of that (assuming there is one) and try lighting your scene with that...I'd like to see how realistic this scene could get /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Very well done, Tibs. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:41 pm
by Tami
[quote name='Tibs' post='32158' date='Mar 6 2006, 09:43 AM']The painting is a simple cube object with a selection and a pic I got from the net /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />[/quote]

cheat0r lol

*runs away*

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:19 pm
by PaddyB
Wow, those are really good lookin. Im currently learning maya right now (although im not very good at it), and I think the rendering on those look great. What program did you use to make them?

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:22 pm
by Josh
He's our Cinema 4D guru, PaddyB /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:07 am
by Tibs
@ Dren : i'm not using a sky object /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> it's just a plane behind the window. And it's normally dark under stairs isn't it?

@ Everyone : thanks for the great comments, here's an update.

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:33 am
by Tami
Is that the executive lounge at KN HQ? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 am
by Tibs
Could be /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:25 am
by Tibs
Here's an update, any comments? I really wanna get this perfect.

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:53 am
by Marko
In my opinion the green circle things below those objects are too bright and don't fit in with the scene very well. Also maybe make a light glassy effect for the window where you see the snow and finally maybe make those 'table' like squares abit less glossy. Thats about it, at first I didn't notice what you changed, but I see its the lighting, the new update is much better, keep working on it, it very good.

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:38 am
by Tibs
FINAL RENDER, took my machien 3hours and 45 min. to render out so I hope you like it.

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:42 am
by Josh
Ah...the verticle blinds add a nice touch. Well done.

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:54 am
by Tami
I agree with Josh, the vertical blinds look alot better than the scene you had in the window before, and the area rug texture looks very realistic. Very well done, Tibs. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:56 pm
by Vercz
ahh the things you -cant- do with a set of vertical blinds /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

very nice work tibs, i love the contrasts youve made in it, with the black and white... looks very artsy /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Interior W.I.P.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:29 am
by R4PTOR
/shocking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(ack)' /> Wow, very nice. I honestly can't see ANYTHING wrong with it... /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />