Ages ago when I used to do alot of mIRC scripting I used to go into mIRC through reshacker & change all my icons because I think the default some somewhat suck. Lately I have had a bit of an urge to play around a bit & customize my mIRC to fit in with my windows theme (also customized) only to find that with mIRC versions 6.11+ has what is called a CRC (cyclic redundancy check) which hinders you from not only editing mIRCs source but it stops you from changing any appearance of any icons.
Some guy stated that 99% of mIRC users like the mIRC icons & I seem to think that this guy doesn't have a clue what he is talking about so to find out for myself I decided to start this poll.
Do You Like mIRC's Icons?
Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator
Do You Like mIRC's Icons?
I'm with ya there bud. I hate 'em. That's why I've stayed on 6.03.. /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> Then again, I KNOW I need to update big time lol
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
Do You Like mIRC's Icons?
I'm on 6.12 but still use the "stock" icons because I can't be bothered & I don't have the time to change them. I had the icons all changed on the msn script I was going to release but then msn shut down so it was a moot point lol.

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
Do You Like mIRC's Icons?
I voted never really care, i used to like mirc stuff, now its just there as a communication device
-
mobil1_oils
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1873
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm
Do You Like mIRC's Icons?
i used to fuss about making them different colors...but now i cant be stuffed, i dont really like them though..but i see not the point of changing them...
ps. voted Never Really Cared...cause i dont care now about them /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
ps. voted Never Really Cared...cause i dont care now about them /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Do You Like mIRC's Icons?
yep voted never really cared.
Sure they may be dull as hell but i hardly ever notice them, and as for using old mIRC version i think i got a virus because of that, well thats what symantec said anyway.
Sure they may be dull as hell but i hardly ever notice them, and as for using old mIRC version i think i got a virus because of that, well thats what symantec said anyway.

-
mobil1_oils
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1873
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm
Do You Like mIRC's Icons?
I voted that i like them because i dont think they are all that bad, i wont say i "Dont like them" and i cant say that i "Never really cared" cuz at one stage they had gone missing, lol, and all there was were little squares of whatever window was maximized over IRC before hand. lol.
Do You Like mIRC's Icons?
I dont like em, but It doesnt really bother me because I dont use mIRC much now /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Last edited by ner0 on Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=\"green\"]'class KPIM::ProcessManager' only defines private constructors and has no friends[/color] <-
poor class
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.




