Stukem (MP3)
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:08 pm
Ok, you might have wondererd why my sig says to@ds - Self Progression Sessions, well this song is part of that. The S.P.S's are basicly me trying to move into a new direction with differant medias and formats, part of that is music which plays just as bigger part of my life as graphic design. Im hoping to expand this whole idea into a kind of mixed media experience that will eventualy become a sister site to the online portfolio that Im working on, but enough babling.
This tune is a very chilled out, ambient song, done in a broken beat/be-bop/jazz style. Its only a short song just over 3 minutes so please take a listen and let me know what you think about it. The song was made using royalty free samples found on breakbeatparadise.com and was put together with Ejay(yes I know ejay sucks pretty badly, but it really dosent sound like an Ejay track, I promise you) which I used to arrange the samples to bring the track together. When making this tune I wanted to pay homage to my favourite Drum 'n' Bass artist LTJ Bukem, and also to master of jazz by the name of Herbie Hancock. Bukem brings to Drum 'n' Bass a very jazzy and funky feel to his music, alot of which he admits has come from masters of jazz like Herbie Hancock and Otis Redding. As its mainly in homage to Bukem, I decided to call the song Stukem.
Please take a listen and let me know what you think. Ratings, C&C, comments and any ideas for improvements are all welcome. Enjoy!
[attachment=2411:attachment]
This tune is a very chilled out, ambient song, done in a broken beat/be-bop/jazz style. Its only a short song just over 3 minutes so please take a listen and let me know what you think about it. The song was made using royalty free samples found on breakbeatparadise.com and was put together with Ejay(yes I know ejay sucks pretty badly, but it really dosent sound like an Ejay track, I promise you) which I used to arrange the samples to bring the track together. When making this tune I wanted to pay homage to my favourite Drum 'n' Bass artist LTJ Bukem, and also to master of jazz by the name of Herbie Hancock. Bukem brings to Drum 'n' Bass a very jazzy and funky feel to his music, alot of which he admits has come from masters of jazz like Herbie Hancock and Otis Redding. As its mainly in homage to Bukem, I decided to call the song Stukem.
Please take a listen and let me know what you think. Ratings, C&C, comments and any ideas for improvements are all welcome. Enjoy!
[attachment=2411:attachment]