Page 1 of 1
For Me Only
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:28 pm
by to@ds
Been a while since Ive done a desktop sized image so I thought Id give it a go today after getting in from work. I wanted to create the effect that the girl had been frozen in ice behind a rocky grave. I found it hard getting a nice icy effect to use and spent a while trying differant techniques to pull it off, and Im still not sure how succesful I was in achieving it. I added the swirls to the sides to try and frame the image and used a low opacity on the text so it didnt jump of the page to much and pull your eye away from the main content of the image. C and C welcome as always.
[attachment=2485:attachment]
For Me Only
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:17 am
by Tami
Can we have a look-see at the image without the framing? Just to compare the two /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
For Me Only
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:25 am
by to@ds
Here you go Ada, no swirls.
[attachment=2486:attachment]
Oh yeah, on another note, I got to rocky section from a stock image I had of a rusty wall that had a big whole in it, which i duplicated and fliped, then rcoloured.
For Me Only
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:16 am
by Tami
Yup, just as I thought - I like it better without the swirls. Not sure about the text placement though, it seems to be in an "awkward" position.
Other than that, I think you have achieved a very cool looking wallpaper. I would perhaps add a few more dodge touches in the upper right area just to add a bit of lighting contrast, but it is still an interesting concept just as it is. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
For Me Only
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:57 am
by Josh
It looks like a big hole in the ground and like....it's the spirit of the underworld you're looking at in the hole =\ *runs away*
For Me Only
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:24 am
by to@ds
Kind of wht I was going for in a round about way, as long as it looks like shes in something then I suppose Im nearly there.