Page 1 of 1

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:48 pm
by Josh
Well, as many of you know I have my tablet now and I've been doing some exercises to get adjusted to the tablet and using it with Photoshop. It took me about 5-10 minutes to get used to navigating my screen with the tablet and I'm still getting used to it with Photoshop. When you have a tablet and you use Photoshop with it there is a whole new world of options. Pressure, tilts, rotation, and a lot more various factors play a role when you use it in Photoshop. So here is my plan... I shaded this sphere for the first time and over the time of using a tablet I'm going to keep shading it to see how much more improved I can get it. My goal is to get a somewhat smooth shade on it, but it isn't as easy as it looks. Right now it kind of looks like clay lol.

Tools used: Tablet (Graphire 4), Paint Brush; Default Chalk s60

edit; Well that was a waste of a post /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I got it smoothed out within 2 hours of the original posting time lol
edit; Vercz requested more refined, The second row is my progress with that. I think I did an ok job on that.
[img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6355/firsttimeshading0120072ks.png[/img][img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5404/firsttimeshading01200708mk.png[/img][img]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8251/firsttimeshading01200708sr.png[/img]
[img]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9716/firsttimeshading01200701gn.png[/img][img]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9306/firsttimeshading01200707ns.png[/img][img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7605/firsttimeshading01200707ev.png[/img]

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:50 pm
by Vercz
hmmm, a very good idea there. make sure to post plenty of updates so you/we can compare your progress /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

the sphere looks good, but yeah, kinda looks like clay... or some strange planet?

whats the tablet like? cause ive been wanting to get one for a while now, but not sure if theyre worth it or not

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:54 pm
by Josh
It's really nice.. Basically, it's like a little drawing pad and to start using it takes under 1 minute. You plug it into the usb, start the installer software, and it's done. Very quickly, and even on my dinosaur of a machine. I'll get you some more info maybe if I can get something to work right. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:32 pm
by Vercz
id like to see it more refined /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:33 pm
by Josh
picky picky.... *continues*

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:47 pm
by Vercz
you'll thank me for pushing you later /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:47 pm
by Josh
ok updated...2nd row of images.

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:04 pm
by Tami
Vercz...a tablet is very worth the expense, especially if you can draw (which I can't, but it still helps with photo edits).

Good start, Josh; now aren't you glad I told you to enter that contest? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:16 pm
by Vercz
imo, i think the middle bottom one the best... dont know why, just looks the best to me

Sphere Shading w/ Tablet

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:34 pm
by Josh
lol yes I'm glad lol.. I'm also glad I had something to submit /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I would probably have to agree with you vercz... I think it's because the darkest shading is more gradual than the last one. The last one I went over again with some more dark shading and I obviously didn't blend it very well. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />