Page 1 of 1

Logo Request

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:33 am
by krosLy
Hi guys I hate to just barge in and start demanding stuff! haha, but I'm ineed of a logo for my Video Gaming team/orginization. The team name is "Motus" or "Motus Gaming" the word motus is derrived from the latin roots of the word "motion". I'm looking for an actual logo not just the word motus on a fancy background (already got this /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> [url="http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/7370/motuslogo9gx.jpg"]http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/7370/motuslogo9gx.jpg[/url] ) I know this type of work usually ends up in payment, but I'm just looking for a small simple design, even just a stylish "M" or if anyone is good at 3d work a stylish 3d "M". As for colour, our website currently has a blue scheme to it but is being re-modeled to red ( [url="http://www.motuscanada.com"]http://www.motuscanada.com[/url] ). Anyways any ideas/artwok would be greatly appreciated. If someone creates a 2d design that I like and is good at 3d work, I wouldnt mind paying for a good 3d version of it.
I know this is a volunteer design forum, so I would be very much appreciative of any support. Anyways thanks for your time in advance!

Logo Request

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:11 am
by Tami
Now there's a familiar name /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Welcome to the Community. I'm sure someone will come up with something for you guys.

Logo Request

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:32 pm
by krosLy
[quote name='Tami' post='38297' date='Jan 22 2007, 11:11 AM']Now there's a familiar name /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Welcome to the Community. I'm sure someone will come up with something for you guys.[/quote]

Hey Tami, the fact that you remember us puts a big smile on my face /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
DS 2007?! /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Thanks again in advance for any help!

Logo Request

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:02 pm
by Tami
A couple of questions...

Will this logo be only for the web, or are you going to use it on team shirts? If it's going to be used for print of any kind (apparel, paper, etc.) then it needs to be in CMYK format (not a problem for us). I have a design in mind, but I want to make sure that the psd file is in the correct formats for your needs.

DS 2007 is in negotiations for a new location sponsor; we were going to partner with the North West Games Festival but that isn't working out. You can be assured though that the location we're negotiating for is very cool. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Logo Request

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:22 pm
by krosLy
[quote name='Tami' post='38299' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:02 AM']A couple of questions...

Will this logo be only for the web, or are you going to use it on team shirts? If it's going to be used for print of any kind (apparel, paper, etc.) then it needs to be in CMYK format (not a problem for us). I have a design in mind, but I want to make sure that the psd file is in the correct formats for your needs.

DS 2007 is in negotiations for a new location sponsor; we were going to partner with the North West Games Festival but that isn't working out. You can be assured though that the location we're negotiating for is very cool. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />[/quote]

Hi Tami, for now it would be just for website use until we get a few more sponsors. So is it possible to to use the CMYK format file on a website (I'm a noob! /shifty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(shift)' /> ).

P.S. Thats good news I had loads of fun in the 1.6 tourney at the last digital storm! It's always fun to meet all the northwest teams and play them in person since we all have little rivalry's.
Anyways good luck, my team will drive the 5 hours for a good time again this year!

Logo Request

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:57 pm
by Tami
If it's just for web, it can be done in regular RGB format. As long as the design you decide on has the original .psd creation file, it won't be a problem to convert to CMYK (theoretically). Not sure who else is working on something, but I might be able to have a roughed up draft for you to look at either later tomorrow or Thursday morning, barring any technological catastrophes. /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I promise, as soon as the location and date are confirmed, Motus will be among the first group to know. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Logo Request

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:08 pm
by krosLy
[quote name='Tami' post='38303' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:57 AM']If it's just for web, it can be done in regular RGB format. As long as the design you decide on has the original .psd creation file, it won't be a problem to convert to CMYK (theoretically). Not sure who else is working on something, but I might be able to have a roughed up draft for you to look at either later tomorrow or Thursday morning, barring any technological catastrophes. /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I promise, as soon as the location and date are confirmed, Motus will be among the first group to know. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />[/quote]

Alright well RGB format would be fine /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> and I'm in no hurry, I'll just keep refreshing the page every couple of seconds (just kidding!) but seriously take your time I'm in no rush Tami /happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />


Sounds great its good to know there is atleast one 1.6 tourney/lan this year /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Logo Request

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:29 am
by Tami
Okay...what I had envisioned didn't work, back to the drawing board /disgust.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(hmph)' />

Logo Request

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:18 pm
by YewNork
[quote name='Tami' post='38325' date='Jan 26 2007, 09:29 AM']Okay...what I had envisioned didn't work, back to the drawing board /disgust.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(hmph)' />[/quote]

I will Try.. And did you say it can be just an M?.. If So I can add a G to make it MG /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />.. I have a peculiar idea.. I will put it into play when I get home tonight.

YewNork of Team reVamped

Logo Request

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:58 pm
by krosLy
Yea, an M or MG would be fine. Whatever works into your plan /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Logo Request

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:16 pm
by krosLy
Did you guys forget about me? /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Logo Request

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:04 pm
by Josh
I was playing around in 3d, just getting used to workflow and I thought of doing an m as a logo thing or whatever.... It's nothing great, so uh here it is.
[attachment=3030:attachment]

Logo Request

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:02 pm
by krosLy
Hi Dren thanks for you work, but I talked to the team and I dont think its exactly what we're looking for /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Logo Request

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:36 pm
by Sylo-X-
I have a pretty good idea... It didnt quite come to me in a dream but it hit me like a ton of bricks, Ill draw up a 2d design of it tonight in photoshop. If you like it ill try it out in 3d...

Okay here's a little design i cooked up,

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/lost__wishes/logoreq.png[/img]

Logo Request

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:08 pm
by Josh
s'alright,,, I didn't think it was. It's pretty simple lol

Logo Request

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:20 pm
by YewNork
[color="#006600"]Well.. Sry bought the wait.. Had Exams Provincials Had a LAN party .. Was soo busy.. now im fighting Bronchitus.. But I decided to put sime time together and make Motus Gaming a logo( Finally.. Sry Guys).. Now.. I can try and get it to work.. but im not sure... Becuse If I remove a layer.. it showers whats underneath.. I will try my very best to remove it with out messing up the effect. Well Here it is.[/color]

[url="http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/GenetixGraphix/MotusGaming.gif"]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/Gen...MotusGaming.gif[/url]
[color="#3333FF"]The top one there is the Blue Logo..[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]And the one below is the Red Logo..[/color]
[url="http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/GenetixGraphix/MotusGamingRed.gif"]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k186/Gen...usGamingRed.gif[/url]
[color="#006600"]
If You would like a Different colour, Don't be afraid to ask.[/color]

[color="#000000"]YewNork.[/color]

Logo Request

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:58 pm
by Michael
Red is better...Canadian ^^! btw nice work jon

Logo Request

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:18 am
by lukeules
i think i prefer the blue one /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> but great work they're awesome.

**is back!!!**missed you guys**

Logo Request

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:08 pm
by Wayne
uber old thread, but yeah the blue is better.

long time no see Lukeules! ...you probably remember me by "kentie" or "sysop_kentie" /blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />
**gags on the thoughts of having oper status again**

Logo Request

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:59 pm
by Josh
omg it's lukeules :|