Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator
-
NightStorm
- Administrator

- Posts: 779
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
After pondering it for some time, I have decided to introduce the KillaGraphix Network movie Night.
What is this, you might be asking? Well, it's a decent way to knock off a Friday Night, for one.
Each week, starting this Friday, I will be broadcasting a single movie from the server via Shoutcast. It will be watchable via Winamp, and will be as close to dial-up Friendly as I can make it.
Each week (after this week, of course), a vote will be posted of which movies are available for that week, and you will have 3 days to make your decision.
If this is well-received, it will become a standard weekly event.
To kick things off, this weeks movie will be *drum roll*..............
Shrek 2 (2004)
[img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/46m.jpg[/img]Directed by
Andrew Adamson
Kelly Asbury
Writing credits
William Steig (characters)
J. David Stem (screenplay)
Genre:Adventure / Animation / Family / Comedy / Fantasy
Tagline: In summer 2004, they're back for more....
Plot Outline: The film picks up right where the first movie ended... Shrek and Fiona return from their honeymoon to find a letter from Fiona's parents inviting the newlyweds over for dinner. The only problem is that they have no idea that their daughter is now an ogre.
User Rating:[img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/greystar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/greystar.gif[/img]7.7/10 (7,018 votes)
Cast overview, first billed only:
Mike Myers.... Shrek (voice)
Eddie Murphy.... Donkey (voice)
Cameron Diaz.... Princess Fiona (voice)
Julie Andrews.... Queen (voice)
Antonio Banderas.... Puss In Boots (voice)
John Cleese.... King (voice)
Rupert Everett.... Prince Charming (voice)
Jennifer Saunders.... Fairy Godmother (voice)
Aron Warner.... Wolf (voice)
Kelly Asbury.... Page/Elf/Nobleman/Nobleman's Son (voice)
Cody Cameron.... Pinocchio/Three Pigs (voice)
Conrad Vernon.... Gingerbread Man/Cedric/Announcer/Muffin Man/Mongo (voice)
Christopher Knights.... Blind Mouse (voice)
David P. Smith.... Herald/Man with Box (voice)
Mark Moseley.... Mirror/Dresser (voice)
MPAA: Rated PG for some crude humor, a brief substance reference and some suggestive content.
Runtime: 92 min
Country:USA
Language:English
What is this, you might be asking? Well, it's a decent way to knock off a Friday Night, for one.
Each week, starting this Friday, I will be broadcasting a single movie from the server via Shoutcast. It will be watchable via Winamp, and will be as close to dial-up Friendly as I can make it.
Each week (after this week, of course), a vote will be posted of which movies are available for that week, and you will have 3 days to make your decision.
If this is well-received, it will become a standard weekly event.
To kick things off, this weeks movie will be *drum roll*..............
Shrek 2 (2004)
[img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/46m.jpg[/img]Directed by
Andrew Adamson
Kelly Asbury
Writing credits
William Steig (characters)
J. David Stem (screenplay)
Genre:Adventure / Animation / Family / Comedy / Fantasy
Tagline: In summer 2004, they're back for more....
Plot Outline: The film picks up right where the first movie ended... Shrek and Fiona return from their honeymoon to find a letter from Fiona's parents inviting the newlyweds over for dinner. The only problem is that they have no idea that their daughter is now an ogre.
User Rating:[img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/goldstar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/greystar.gif[/img][img]http://www.networxradio.com/NightStorm/greystar.gif[/img]7.7/10 (7,018 votes)
Cast overview, first billed only:
Mike Myers.... Shrek (voice)
Eddie Murphy.... Donkey (voice)
Cameron Diaz.... Princess Fiona (voice)
Julie Andrews.... Queen (voice)
Antonio Banderas.... Puss In Boots (voice)
John Cleese.... King (voice)
Rupert Everett.... Prince Charming (voice)
Jennifer Saunders.... Fairy Godmother (voice)
Aron Warner.... Wolf (voice)
Kelly Asbury.... Page/Elf/Nobleman/Nobleman's Son (voice)
Cody Cameron.... Pinocchio/Three Pigs (voice)
Conrad Vernon.... Gingerbread Man/Cedric/Announcer/Muffin Man/Mongo (voice)
Christopher Knights.... Blind Mouse (voice)
David P. Smith.... Herald/Man with Box (voice)
Mark Moseley.... Mirror/Dresser (voice)
MPAA: Rated PG for some crude humor, a brief substance reference and some suggestive content.
Runtime: 92 min
Country:USA
Language:English
Last edited by NightStorm on Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Cool idea, NightStorm....do we get free popcorn with the movie? /whistle.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(whistle)' />

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
-
NightStorm
- Administrator

- Posts: 779
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Nope.... popcorn is $7.95 a tub (got to pay for the bandwidth somehow /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />).
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Lol - it wont be the same for us asiapacificers, cause it will be saturday for most of us =( p.s thats a ripoff im offering a tub of popcorn for just 4 easy payments of $5.95, thats 4 easy payments of $5.95 *add brainwashing image here*
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
/blink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
its a really great idea, but unfortunately...SOME of us have download limits...so i wont be partaking in it..until my mummy (real one) pays the upgrade for the cable /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Awesome idea... SHREK OWNS /ph34r.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> I'll be there /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[color=\"green\"]'class KPIM::ProcessManager' only defines private constructors and has no friends[/color] <-
poor class
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
-
NightStorm
- Administrator

- Posts: 779
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
The total size of the file is 56MB. So you would be streaming a 56 MB file throughout the course of nearly 2 hours... this is something you will have to consider when watching, as this was the smallest I could make the movie and still keep it "happy". It's going to work out to around 5 KB/s transfer rate, so if you can only download 2.5 KB/s, I'm sorry but you would spend more time buffering than watching. Also, the small file size should be easier on those with monthly bandwidth caps, but because of the limited number of available slots, I can't press much into getting *everyone* to come watch. If this goes well though, I'll probably put a lot more effort into making it work well across the board, and also set the second server up for an additional 10 slots. We'll see.
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
*Orders a reserved seat* /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
-
NightStorm
- Administrator

- Posts: 779
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Tell you what... for those that miss the "Friday Night" showing, I'll schedule a second showing. Which would be better (try to give me a day and time in Eastern timezone so I can work it out)?
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
ok.... wth is disl-up friendly?
-
RuffRyders
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1138
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:47 am
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Dial up friendly, I'd say lol /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Sounds like a terrific idea /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />.
RuffRyders [img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/superman.gif[/img]
Sounds like a terrific idea /good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(Y)' />.
RuffRyders [img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/superman.gif[/img]
The bruises fade but memories are made.
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
*wonders what time GMT it will be comin on, or the time in another time zone would be ok, so I can work it out thats all /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />*
[color=\"green\"]'class KPIM::ProcessManager' only defines private constructors and has no friends[/color] <-
poor class
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
[18:09:00] * ~Moppy stews ner0 erotically 1 times.
-
NightStorm
- Administrator

- Posts: 779
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Scheduled time will be 9 PM Eastern (6 PM Pacific). Do the math for what time it will be in your timezone. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
I will probably set the movie to play 2 times back-to-back for those who tune in a little late. Remember, there are only 10 slots available for this showing. Depending on how much the bandwidth peaks at, I may open more slots for future showings (can't kill all the websites while the movie is on just yet, can we? /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />).
And don't worry, since I have the full-screen version, I will not be occupying any of the spaces.
I will probably set the movie to play 2 times back-to-back for those who tune in a little late. Remember, there are only 10 slots available for this showing. Depending on how much the bandwidth peaks at, I may open more slots for future showings (can't kill all the websites while the movie is on just yet, can we? /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />).
And don't worry, since I have the full-screen version, I will not be occupying any of the spaces.
-
NightStorm
- Administrator

- Posts: 779
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 am
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Well, the first showing wasn't that bad (I guess, I didn't watch so as to keep slots available), and the site is still here, so I think we'll do it again next week.
I will be making a poll of available movies in the radio request section, so visit there and make your choice. There is a chance that with another week, I will be able to tweak it even more so that dial-up users won't have to buffer at all... we'll see what I can come up with.
I will be making a poll of available movies in the radio request section, so visit there and make your choice. There is a chance that with another week, I will be able to tweak it even more so that dial-up users won't have to buffer at all... we'll see what I can come up with.
Killagraphix Network Movie Night
Thank you NightStorm .... for not killing the websites & for providing us with movie night /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> (even though I didn't get to watch the movie cuz I was trying to fix stuff...but always next time)

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]



