Banner Competition 85

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Locked
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Gadget »

Yay~! i won.

ok this weeks theme is 7 deadly sins. anything from anger to sloth.

ask why, and ill set a sniper on you, FWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~! but ok seriously, lets get this started.
::Current::

Image
Vercz
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:13 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by Vercz »

aaand a quick refresher for some people

superbia (hubris/pride)
avaritia (avarice/greed)
luxuria (extravagance, later lust)
invidia (envy)
gula (gluttony)
ira (wrath)
and acedia (sloth)

/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ...wait a minute... invidia? o.0
Image

Image
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Gadget »

=) is that all in latin?
::Current::

Image
Lee
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:04 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Lee »

Ummm... 7 deadly sins? I'm not getting it at all. Please explain a little more. Thank you =)
Sylo-X-
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by Sylo-X- »

Heres the seven deadly sins in a nutshell...

Pope Gregory the Great described the seven deadly sins as sins that could not be forgiven without the need for the sacrament of Confession.


Heres my entry

[img]http://www.killanet.net/uploads/bannercomp001.gif[/img]
Image

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code =(

My Killa Blog
Lee
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:04 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Lee »

Aaahhhh I think I'll pass as I have no clue what this is. Goodluck to those who enter =)
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Gadget »

No one?
::Current::

Image
Lee
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:04 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Lee »

I would but I don't know any deadly sins as sins can be used differently such as religion sin or an assassin.
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Gadget »

Well, probarbly the easiest thing to do would be lust, because you can basically use a picture of a woman (or man if your a girl even though i know your not) and sexify it and call it lust. just use your imagination.

sorry but i should have made clear that u can use just one of the 7 deadly sins
Last edited by Gadget on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
::Current::

Image
Lee
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:04 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Lee »

Ok, I'll ask the question. Why did you choose the deadly sins? If I see a sniper, dont worry, I won't be going down first =)
Sylo-X-
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by Sylo-X- »

I explained this i thought =\ Its religeion. Back[quote] in the old days there were thought to be seven relegious sins that would not be forgiven unless you were saved by the lord jesus christ

[quote]
aaand a quick refresher for some people

superbia (hubris/pride)
avaritia (avarice/greed)
luxuria (extravagance, later lust)
invidia (envy)
gula (gluttony)
ira (wrath)
and acedia (sloth)
[/quote]

Those are the seven deadly sins
Last edited by Sylo-X- on Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code =(

My Killa Blog
Lee
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:04 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Lee »

Wow, I hope that really doesn't offend anyone as there are some people (like my folks who now want me off this website) that won't like this. I suggest a new contest if that is ok with other people or admin, cause now my folks are being weird and are looking on this website to see if I'm even on. This may be my last post =(
to@ds
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by to@ds »

Here is my entry for the comp. It took me a while to think up of an idea for this one, Gadget picked a good topic I thought. I thought about loads of ordinary stuff like a girl for lust as mentioned before, food for gluttony, I even thought about using a picked of a Slothe (the slow guys who live in trees) for sloth but in the end I decided on something else.

My take on the comp is that mother nature is allways going to be able to punish man for his sins and destruction of the earth, and so I used wrath in the form of a volvano erupting. I googled an image and then used a couple of brushes to add abit more lava expoliding and then added an overlaying layer that I used to glass filter on to vibe up some of the red and oranges from the photo of the volcano.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center][color=\"#CC0000\"]"You may give a toad a wart, but a toad will never give you a wart"[/color][/align]

[align=center]eighty4toads.co.uk[/align]
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Gadget »

Pretty Kool.

And Lee, why would your parents want you off this site because there is comp about 7 deadly sins? unless they saw the girl for lust thing, and that isnt exactly porno.
::Current::

Image
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:08 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Scott »

[quote name='Lee' post='33514' date='Jun 3 2006, 05:54 AM']Wow, I hope that really doesn't offend anyone as there are some people (like my folks who now want me off this website) that won't like this. I suggest a new contest if that is ok with other people or admin, cause now my folks are being weird and are looking on this website to see if I'm even on. This may be my last post =([/quote]

Perhaps if you can explain the problem you're folks have, we'll be able to clear it up? If not, maybe it's best to stay away from this competition. Personally, I can't see the problem, we've always said we're suitable for all audiences and I think this is quite safe (at least, all the entries so far have been.)

Any entry which we feel isn't suitable for all ages (>13), we'll remove. I can think of only 1 time we've ever had to do this and that was a considerable while ago.

Hope this gets straightened out, wouldn't want to see you go because of this /huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />
Last edited by Scott on Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Gadget »

Exactly
::Current::

Image
Sylo-X-
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by Sylo-X- »

To@ds: That banner is freakin sweet!

Lee: I agree with Scott

Everyone else: Whats happenin?
Image

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code =(

My Killa Blog
to@ds
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by to@ds »

Yeah I'd have to agree with Scott, maybe you should just stay away from this comp Lee if your parents dont agree with it. Im sure that if you gave your old dears 20 mins to breeze around the forums they would see that this is most definatly a site aimed at pretty much all agies. I cant say as Ive ever seen anything on here that might be classed as offensive or distasteful (except for maybe the time I got into trouble for my quote, oopps!) And I know for a fact that there are definatly alot of graphics forums out there that allows images to be posted that would never, and I mean NEVER be allowed to be posted here! I personaly think that this weekes topic was a good one as meant the people who entered had to give abit of thought to their images which is allways good in my books /bigwink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center][color=\"#CC0000\"]"You may give a toad a wart, but a toad will never give you a wart"[/color][/align]

[align=center]eighty4toads.co.uk[/align]
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Josh »


[attachment=2303:attachment]
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
Sylo-X-
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:52 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by Sylo-X- »

Awesome banner dren
Image

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code =(

My Killa Blog
R4PTOR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 3:06 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by R4PTOR »

Basically got an image via google image search then photoshopped the crap out of it. /shades.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

My entry...
Last edited by R4PTOR on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image



Let them hate, as long as they fear
Gadget
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Gadget »

Well, this comp is getting some great entries.
::Current::

Image
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Josh »

Indeed it is. I know mine won't be voted for at all lol
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
R4PTOR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 3:06 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by R4PTOR »

umm... isn't this contest over?
Image



Let them hate, as long as they fear
Josh
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 4627
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:54 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Josh »

See [url="http://www.killagraphix.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=6710&view=findpost&p=33609"]here[/url]
[align=center]

Image

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring

“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”

[/align]
R4PTOR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 3:06 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by R4PTOR »

Ok, so that mean's what? That doesn't show anything being done about this...
Image



Let them hate, as long as they fear
to@ds
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by to@ds »

It says the competition is being held open another week so people can finish their entries.
[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center][color=\"#CC0000\"]"You may give a toad a wart, but a toad will never give you a wart"[/color][/align]

[align=center]eighty4toads.co.uk[/align]
LATIN
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Banner Competition 85

Post by LATIN »

Heres one of the nicer sins hehe good topic for the contest
Image
R4PTOR
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 3:06 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by R4PTOR »

[quote name='to@ds' post='33688' date='Jun 18 2006, 12:41 PM']It says the competition is being held open another week so people can finish their entries.[/quote]

See, now I personally don't think that is a good idea. Weekly (or anything else) competitions are held for a certain time period for people to try and get the best result in that time period. It's not so much about who can do the best work, it's who can do the best in that time period.
Image



Let them hate, as long as they fear
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Banner Competition 85

Post by Tami »

Both contests will close tonight.
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Locked

Return to “Competition Archives”