GameCube Mod Chip
Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator
-
king_of_hearts
- Jr. Member

- Posts: 80
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
GameCube Mod Chip
It's a well kept secret but there are mod chips you can buy and install for your GameCube. Although there are is a limited number of mod chips to chose from for the GameCube, the Qoob Pro offers you some of the best features available for any console mod chip.
Features..eh?
The Qoob Pro have many features, includeing:
Direct boot of all media, without swapping!
Direct boot Imports / Backups without the swap method
Supports all regions PAL / USA / JAP
On-board MP3 Player included
Super easy USB upgrade system (USB transfer cable included)
DVD Disc upgradeable
Network(*) upgradeable
Bios selection/control supported
Supports all retail hardware (DOL-001 USA, JPN, EUR and DOL-101)
Fastboot of original discs
Compatible with "GCOS" and other IPL replacements, allowing homebrew development via SD card and/or network
Comfortable easy to use Windows PC flash software
Supports homebrew and open-source coding
Integrated media compatabilty check (checks all sectors of inserted media)
Streaming Audio Fix
Integrated status LED
Easy Installation, only 6 wires (no soldering on qoob chip required, special cable included)
Multicolor graphical user interface for easy operation
Supports Mini/DVD-R, Mini/DVD+R
16MBit on-board Flash to store homebrew applications
High secure - low power Actel FPGA
Yeah alot of options, all of them are very useful. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
How hard would it be to install?
The Qoob Pro is not solderless, and it may require some skill to install the chip. You would also need to have a [url="http://www.mod-chip.com/index2.php?go=en/select_gamecube.htm"]Game Cube screw bit[/url] to open you GameCube.
What does the Qoob Pro come with?
Qoob modchip
All cables and wires
Windows Flash Software
How much is this going to run me?
[url="http://www.mod-chip.com/en/qoob.htm"]http://www.mod-chip.com/[/url] has the Qoob Pro for US$ 59 (CA$ 75, AU$ 78) + shipping
(The [url="http://www.mod-chip.com/en/gc_screwbit.htm"]Game Cube screw bit[/url] will run you US$ 9 (CA$ 11, AU$ 12) + shipping.)
It may be abit expensive but it opens many new doors for you GameCube.
Need help with your Qoob Pro?
Please visit [url="http://www.qoobchip.com/"]http://www.qoobchip.com/[/url]
Features..eh?
The Qoob Pro have many features, includeing:
Direct boot of all media, without swapping!
Direct boot Imports / Backups without the swap method
Supports all regions PAL / USA / JAP
On-board MP3 Player included
Super easy USB upgrade system (USB transfer cable included)
DVD Disc upgradeable
Network(*) upgradeable
Bios selection/control supported
Supports all retail hardware (DOL-001 USA, JPN, EUR and DOL-101)
Fastboot of original discs
Compatible with "GCOS" and other IPL replacements, allowing homebrew development via SD card and/or network
Comfortable easy to use Windows PC flash software
Supports homebrew and open-source coding
Integrated media compatabilty check (checks all sectors of inserted media)
Streaming Audio Fix
Integrated status LED
Easy Installation, only 6 wires (no soldering on qoob chip required, special cable included)
Multicolor graphical user interface for easy operation
Supports Mini/DVD-R, Mini/DVD+R
16MBit on-board Flash to store homebrew applications
High secure - low power Actel FPGA
Yeah alot of options, all of them are very useful. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
How hard would it be to install?
The Qoob Pro is not solderless, and it may require some skill to install the chip. You would also need to have a [url="http://www.mod-chip.com/index2.php?go=en/select_gamecube.htm"]Game Cube screw bit[/url] to open you GameCube.
What does the Qoob Pro come with?
Qoob modchip
All cables and wires
Windows Flash Software
How much is this going to run me?
[url="http://www.mod-chip.com/en/qoob.htm"]http://www.mod-chip.com/[/url] has the Qoob Pro for US$ 59 (CA$ 75, AU$ 78) + shipping
(The [url="http://www.mod-chip.com/en/gc_screwbit.htm"]Game Cube screw bit[/url] will run you US$ 9 (CA$ 11, AU$ 12) + shipping.)
It may be abit expensive but it opens many new doors for you GameCube.
Need help with your Qoob Pro?
Please visit [url="http://www.qoobchip.com/"]http://www.qoobchip.com/[/url]
Last edited by king_of_hearts on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-
Super Mario
- Jr. Member

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:26 pm
GameCube Mod Chip
[color="#FF0000"]WOW! Soudns totally awesome! now why would I wanna pay about $60 for this thing when i didn't even understand 25% of what you just said? sounds like a waste of money to me.[/color]
-
Guest
GameCube Mod Chip
Then I guess the product isn't for you, but just because it doesnt suit you doesn't mean that its a waste of money, be more open minded.
GameCube Mod Chip
hmmmmm
*fixes something in permissions*
*fixes something in permissions*

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
GameCube Mod Chip
ooooooooooooooooo! I didn't know you could mod the gamecube! I want this /ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> *adds onto his 'wants' list: Gamecube mods*
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
-
Super Mario
- Jr. Member

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:26 pm
GameCube Mod Chip
[color="#FF0000"]Well duh this product isn't for me, and don't you tell me to be more open minded! I am just saying it's a waste of money because the general public has no idea what it is, what it does, or the point of it. Besides, I stick by Nintendo and wouldn't dare tamper with anything of it because the last thing i want to do is void the warrenty by screwing around. I mean, honestly. Tell me in normal terms, waht does it do besides allow you to play games from all the regions, which AR allows as well.[/color]
GameCube Mod Chip
Its made for anyone who wants to improve their game cube... if the general public doesn't know about it a.) they will ignore it b.) they will do some research and find out more then, THEY can decide wether its a waste of money or not. This product improves the range of games you can play, it appears as if it adds extra media features and a whole lot of other stuff that someone may find usefull.
I am telling you to be more open minded because right now anything that YOU have no use for is a waste of money.
I am telling you to be more open minded because right now anything that YOU have no use for is a waste of money.
Last edited by Marko on Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-
Super Mario
- Jr. Member

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:26 pm
GameCube Mod Chip
[color="#FF0000"]And I'm telling you to tell me something useful about this thing in normal terms. Playing games from all the regions, well AR let's ou do that and you don't have to tamper with anything. Adds extra media features? Like what? Store music on a memory card so if your too lazy to put the CD in the stereo, you can turn on your TV and Gamecube? What does it do? Be specific but be understandable. Like these points are all jibberish to me: Direct boot Imports / Backups without the swap method - just like Originals, Compatible with "GCOS" and other IPL replacements, allowing homebrew development via SD card and/or network, Supports homebrew and open-source coding, and more.[/color]
Last edited by Super Mario on Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
king_of_hearts
- Jr. Member

- Posts: 80
- Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm
GameCube Mod Chip
[quote name='Super Mario' post='1993' date='Dec 9 2005, 12:18 AM'][color="#FF0000"]And I'm telling you to tell me something useful about this thing in normal terms. Playing games from all the regions, well AR let's ou do that and you don't have to tamper with anything. Adds extra media features? Like what? Store music on a memory card so if your too lazy to put the CD in the stereo, you can turn on your TV and Gamecube? What does it do? Be specific but be understandable. Like these points are all jibberish to me: Direct boot Imports / Backups without the swap method - just like Originals, Compatible with "GCOS" and other IPL replacements, allowing homebrew development via SD card and/or network, Supports homebrew and open-source coding, and more.[/color][/quote]
Let me start off my saying I am sorry for neglecting to log on the forum lately.. Now i will address each thing you have said.
1. GameCube's/GameCube games ARE region coded. (EU,US,JP) You have to have a mod chip to play import GameCube games (Imports being anything not from your region).
2. The media player part beats me, I only stated what the chip manufacture claimed as features.
3. 'Direct boot Imports/Backups' - This mod chip could be used to play 'backups' of games (illegaly copyed games). It also says 'without the swap method' because other cheaper made modchips require you to do the 'swap method' (You have to swap out a boot disk with the game you want to play, each time you want to play the import game/backed up game).
3. This chip lets you develop for the console without the SDK (If you don't know what this is google, thanks). This means you can make your own games if you want (You still need to know how to program).
4. Modchips arent for everyone. In fact not for many at all. If your a developer, hardware guru, modder, ect then this chip is for you. If you dont fit under any of thoses, then you dont need to mod anything.
And lastly, I dont take kindly to people bashing a product you know NOTHING about. [url="http://www.qoobchip.com/contact.php"]If you have questions ask the manufacture yourself. [/url]
If you dont understand anything else about this or other modchips [url="http://www.google.com/"]google it[/url]
I don't know everything about modchips. I was only trying to be helpful and tell others about this modchip, it might or might not meet the needs of others.
Thanks for reading about this product.
Let me start off my saying I am sorry for neglecting to log on the forum lately.. Now i will address each thing you have said.
1. GameCube's/GameCube games ARE region coded. (EU,US,JP) You have to have a mod chip to play import GameCube games (Imports being anything not from your region).
2. The media player part beats me, I only stated what the chip manufacture claimed as features.
3. 'Direct boot Imports/Backups' - This mod chip could be used to play 'backups' of games (illegaly copyed games). It also says 'without the swap method' because other cheaper made modchips require you to do the 'swap method' (You have to swap out a boot disk with the game you want to play, each time you want to play the import game/backed up game).
3. This chip lets you develop for the console without the SDK (If you don't know what this is google, thanks). This means you can make your own games if you want (You still need to know how to program).
4. Modchips arent for everyone. In fact not for many at all. If your a developer, hardware guru, modder, ect then this chip is for you. If you dont fit under any of thoses, then you dont need to mod anything.
And lastly, I dont take kindly to people bashing a product you know NOTHING about. [url="http://www.qoobchip.com/contact.php"]If you have questions ask the manufacture yourself. [/url]
If you dont understand anything else about this or other modchips [url="http://www.google.com/"]google it[/url]
I don't know everything about modchips. I was only trying to be helpful and tell others about this modchip, it might or might not meet the needs of others.
Thanks for reading about this product.
Last edited by king_of_hearts on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GameCube Mod Chip
Direct Boot:
Will boot CDs and whatever else you can chuck into a gamecube without you having to chuck anything else in before it.
2nd thing on the list, same thing.
And most of it's self-explanatory.
If you don't know what any of the big words like MP3 or USB mean, you could always try looking them up on [url="http://www.acronymfinder.com"]http://www.acronymfinder.com[/url]. If the word is something as difficult as "of" then you could try [url="http://www.dictionary.com"]http://www.dictionary.com[/url]
Also, as far as I beleive the GameCube is a bigger version (for "older people") of a Fisher Price toy I once saw. All the games look very cartoony and the audience is aimed at little kids or those with a "below-average mindset".
You also might want to get your mummy to buy you a "big person" console once she's finished reading this to you.
Will boot CDs and whatever else you can chuck into a gamecube without you having to chuck anything else in before it.
2nd thing on the list, same thing.
And most of it's self-explanatory.
If you don't know what any of the big words like MP3 or USB mean, you could always try looking them up on [url="http://www.acronymfinder.com"]http://www.acronymfinder.com[/url]. If the word is something as difficult as "of" then you could try [url="http://www.dictionary.com"]http://www.dictionary.com[/url]
Also, as far as I beleive the GameCube is a bigger version (for "older people") of a Fisher Price toy I once saw. All the games look very cartoony and the audience is aimed at little kids or those with a "below-average mindset".
You also might want to get your mummy to buy you a "big person" console once she's finished reading this to you.
Last edited by radar on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameCube Mod Chip
I have to agree the gamecubwe is a bit childish when it comes to the games... But I'm thankful that I do have something that has better graphics than the N64. Well not anymore... my little brother broke it -.-
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
-
Hyper Sonic
- Newbie

- Posts: 27
- Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:54 am
GameCube Mod Chip
[quote name='radar' post='2044' date='Dec 23 2005, 06:33 AM']Also, as far as I beleive the GameCube is a bigger version (for "older people") of a Fisher Price toy I once saw. All the games look very cartoony and the audience is aimed at little kids or those with a "below-average mindset".
You also might want to get your mummy to buy you a "big person" console once she's finished reading this to you.[/quote]Below average mindset, whoa whoa whoa I have to stop you there.
Trust me, I know plenty of people who own a PS2 and X-box and their intelligence is no greater then half a brain or even a 4th. Not trying to start a fight or anything, but I recently came in here to check out how this thread was doing and trust me, less blood and guts and swearing and killing and banging hookers then killing them in a game does not make a gamer less intelligent.
Take me for example, I'm a thinking outside of the box type of guy, I can solve things that are seemingly paradox's to people and I think abstractly, but I love games such as Sonic Mario etc. And I'm sure you have also played Tetris Attack, it's cartoony and what not, but not many have mastered it. It's a tough game. Trust me though, not all of the games for Gamecube are cartoony. Metroid Prime and Time Splitters is a Prime example, but there's nothing wrong with cartoony games.
That's how all games started out, Donkey Kong for Atari was cartoony as hell.
You also might want to get your mummy to buy you a "big person" console once she's finished reading this to you.[/quote]Below average mindset, whoa whoa whoa I have to stop you there.
Trust me, I know plenty of people who own a PS2 and X-box and their intelligence is no greater then half a brain or even a 4th. Not trying to start a fight or anything, but I recently came in here to check out how this thread was doing and trust me, less blood and guts and swearing and killing and banging hookers then killing them in a game does not make a gamer less intelligent.
Take me for example, I'm a thinking outside of the box type of guy, I can solve things that are seemingly paradox's to people and I think abstractly, but I love games such as Sonic Mario etc. And I'm sure you have also played Tetris Attack, it's cartoony and what not, but not many have mastered it. It's a tough game. Trust me though, not all of the games for Gamecube are cartoony. Metroid Prime and Time Splitters is a Prime example, but there's nothing wrong with cartoony games.
That's how all games started out, Donkey Kong for Atari was cartoony as hell.

