Well, as many of you know I have my tablet now and I've been doing some exercises to get adjusted to the tablet and using it with Photoshop. It took me about 5-10 minutes to get used to navigating my screen with the tablet and I'm still getting used to it with Photoshop. When you have a tablet and you use Photoshop with it there is a whole new world of options. Pressure, tilts, rotation, and a lot more various factors play a role when you use it in Photoshop. So here is my plan... I shaded this sphere for the first time and over the time of using a tablet I'm going to keep shading it to see how much more improved I can get it. My goal is to get a somewhat smooth shade on it, but it isn't as easy as it looks. Right now it kind of looks like clay lol.
Tools used: Tablet (Graphire 4), Paint Brush; Default Chalk s60
edit; Well that was a waste of a post /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I got it smoothed out within 2 hours of the original posting time lol
edit; Vercz requested more refined, The second row is my progress with that. I think I did an ok job on that.
[img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6355/firsttimeshading0120072ks.png[/img][img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5404/firsttimeshading01200708mk.png[/img][img]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8251/firsttimeshading01200708sr.png[/img]
[img]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9716/firsttimeshading01200701gn.png[/img][img]http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9306/firsttimeshading01200707ns.png[/img][img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7605/firsttimeshading01200707ev.png[/img]
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
Last edited by Josh on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
hmmm, a very good idea there. make sure to post plenty of updates so you/we can compare your progress /biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
the sphere looks good, but yeah, kinda looks like clay... or some strange planet?
whats the tablet like? cause ive been wanting to get one for a while now, but not sure if theyre worth it or not
the sphere looks good, but yeah, kinda looks like clay... or some strange planet?
whats the tablet like? cause ive been wanting to get one for a while now, but not sure if theyre worth it or not
Last edited by Vercz on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
It's really nice.. Basically, it's like a little drawing pad and to start using it takes under 1 minute. You plug it into the usb, start the installer software, and it's done. Very quickly, and even on my dinosaur of a machine. I'll get you some more info maybe if I can get something to work right. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
picky picky.... *continues*
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
you'll thank me for pushing you later /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
ok updated...2nd row of images.
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
Vercz...a tablet is very worth the expense, especially if you can draw (which I can't, but it still helps with photo edits).
Good start, Josh; now aren't you glad I told you to enter that contest? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Good start, Josh; now aren't you glad I told you to enter that contest? /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
imo, i think the middle bottom one the best... dont know why, just looks the best to me
Sphere Shading w/ Tablet
lol yes I'm glad lol.. I'm also glad I had something to submit /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
I would probably have to agree with you vercz... I think it's because the darkest shading is more gradual than the last one. The last one I went over again with some more dark shading and I obviously didn't blend it very well. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
I would probably have to agree with you vercz... I think it's because the darkest shading is more gradual than the last one. The last one I went over again with some more dark shading and I obviously didn't blend it very well. /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]



