HP putting Linux in PC
In a sign the Linux operating system may be gaining traction beyond servers and other back-room systems, Hewlett-Packard Co. said Tuesday it will be the first major PC maker to ship a business notebook computer pre-installed with the open-source software. The HP Compaq nx5000 will feature Novell Inc.'s SuSE Linux and support a CD burner, a DVD and media player, wireless connectivity and the OpenOffice software suite. It will start at an estimated street price of about $1,140 — about $60 less than the basic model outfitted with Microsoft Corp.'s Windows XP Professional operating system.
[url="http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/business/technology/9312994.htm?1c"]Source[/url]
HP putting Linux in PC
Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator
HP putting Linux in PC

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it
[/color]
HP putting Linux in PC
I want Linux badly.. /cry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> But then again I do like winblows =s But I don't like it for the stuff I'm interested in on the internet. (ie: running servers /blum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />)
[align=center]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]

“If you stop learning, you stop living.” ~Tami Quiring
“It's the rare man who understands the value of a single perfect rose.”
[/align]
-
mobil1_oils
- Hero Member

- Posts: 1873
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 11:42 pm
HP putting Linux in PC
Bout time they realised its a more stable OS =P.
