Short Story

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Post Reply
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Short Story

Post by Tami »

Here's a small writing exercise for you:

Write a short story from the perspective of an inanimate object such as a pencil.
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Trinity
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 2:19 am

Short Story

Post by Trinity »

I wait in the darkness, silence enveloping my world but I know it can't be long now. The terror will soon begin. Sure enough a large bang in the distance signals that my tranquil night has ended. Suddenly I am blinded by a brilliant white light, and it takes me a minute to adjust and regather my bearings. A large whirring sound starts up in close proximity, and I brace myself for impact. The creature comes down on top of me, covering me in a musky stench. For the next 12 hours I am pushed around and prodded repeatedly. I would resist, but I know that would just mean more pain, being opened up and probed. Welcome to my life.

What am I?

by Trinity
Last edited by Trinity on Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
radar
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 pm

Short Story

Post by radar »

I was going to say computer... but then I read it again and it was being pushed and prodded around. I dunno yet.

Here's mine:

I come in varying sizes. People stare at me, hours on end. Without me, another object would be obselete. I can be thick or thin, round or flat, light or dark, old or new. I could be used by one person or a number of people.

What am I?

Another one:

As the sun comes up, I am warmed by its light. I'm usually found outside but occassionally found inside. I'm always holding something. I can be any colour and made of anything.

What am I?

I think I know what Trinity is! Are you a keyboard?
Last edited by radar on Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 2:19 am

Short Story

Post by Trinity »

Close, I was a mouse. Try writing yours a bit more descriptively, from the objects point of view. /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Post Reply

Return to “Fiction Writing”