Creating a cool material

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Post Reply
Tami
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10892
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:05 am

Creating a cool material

Post by Tami »

Creating a cool material
By Tibs

I will try to teach you a few things about making materials in this tutorial. This tutorial will allow the people who used my previous tutorial ( How to make a [url="http://www.killagraphix.com/index.php?showtopic=4618"]Microbe[/url] ) to give their result a nice effect.
I hope you learn something by using this tutorial and always try your own things. It will allow you to create nice glowing effects.

Begin by making a new material; do this by opening the Materials window if this wasn't open already. If you can't find it just press " Shift + F2 " or go to the " Window " menu and select " Material manager".

Now I will show you the different settings to make the material. You can experiment with your own settings to get a nicer result and learning what a specific setting does to give different end results.

The settings:

[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/tutorials/C4D2.1.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/tutorials/C4D2.2.JPG[/img]

[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/tutorials/C4D2.3.JPG[/img]

Ok this is what you could come up with.

[img]http://www.killagraphix.com/tutorials/sig.jpg[/img]

Thank you for following this tutorial I hope you learned something or at least enjoyed yourself.

©Deschamps Thibaut - KillaNet Technology Ltd.
Last edited by Tami on Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

[color=\"#41211C\"]It takes years to build up trust and only seconds to destroy it

[/color]
Post Reply

Return to “Cinema 4D”